Community Forum

Possibly cutting the cord

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Possibly cutting the cord

I am looking to find out what the costs would be if I chose to cut cable and go to using Roku streaming stick on two televisions. I currently have triple play and would like to take it down to phone and internet. I have used xfinity streaming app and I do like it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Contributor

Re: Possibly cutting the cord

If you find out, can you let me know? I think a LOT of people are doing this very thing.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Possibly cutting the cord

@Beevis35 wrote:
I am looking to find out what the costs would be if I chose to cut cable and go to using Roku streaming stick on two televisions. I currently have triple play and would like to take it down to phone and internet. I have used xfinity streaming app and I do like it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

set top box prices have fallen as of this month. if you have a video (triple play for example) but no set top boxes you can use roku and will have a 10 hour DVR (in the cloud). there would be a maximum of 2 streams at the same time. add a $5 month box to the home (installed and connected) and the maximum is 5 streaming devices at one time. a physical DVR in the home appears to be $15 ($5 + DVR $10) and gets you 60 hours in the cloud + 150+ hours in the home DVR. no cable service = no roku streaming Xfinity TV access except to purchased items.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!