Community Forum

Making sure streaming doesn't count against my Internet bandwidth and data limit

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Making sure streaming doesn't count against my Internet bandwidth and data limit

Just signed up for the $10/month streaming service (in addition to my Internet service). My understanding is that what I get through the streaming service is not charged against my allotted Internet bandwidth or monthly data limit. If I have that right, does what I see on xfinity.com/stream/ on Chrome not count against my Internet bandwidth, or do I need a separate app or something?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Making sure streaming doesn't count against my Internet bandwidth and data limit

Streaming Comcast TV using something like Xfinity Stream on a phone/tablet or Roku should not count against your data. Be aware that Peacock WILL count as data. It's treated the same as any other streaming service.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Making sure streaming doesn't count against my Internet bandwidth and data limit

adding.... on a PC watching channels that are labelled 'TVgo' (and on demand items marked the same) do count. (those are not comcast servers).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Ooohkaaay. I was just trying to get access to basic cable on my PC, essentially the lineup called "EXTRA/SAVER PRO +/STARTER PRO +". When I go to to Xfinity Stream now I just see a very limted selection of random shows. Should I be seeing all the channels I've signed up for? When, for example, I go to the CNN I just see the Preesidential Debate asnd a couple of town halls.

So I don't get what I'm getting for the additional $10/month I signed up for (or tried to sign up for). Maybe that didn't go through. All I see on the "Thanks, here is your Xfinity order confirmation." emal is "Xfinity Flex Cancelled." Should I see something there about basic cable access being added, for $10/month?

Highlighted
Expert

@dtronvig wrote:

Ooohkaaay. I was just trying to get access to basic cable on my PC, essentially the lineup called "EXTRA/SAVER PRO +/STARTER PRO +". When I go to to Xfinity Stream now I just see a very limted selection of random shows. Should I be seeing all the channels I've signed up for? When, for example, I go to the CNN I just see the Preesidential Debate asnd a couple of town halls.

So I don't get what I'm getting for the additional $10/month I signed up for (or tried to sign up for). Maybe that didn't go through. All I see on the "Thanks, here is your Xfinity order confirmation." emal is "Xfinity Flex Cancelled." Should I see something there about basic cable access being added, for $10/month?

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @dtronvig, thanks for reaching out to our Digital Care Team through our Forums page. We are delighted to have you as a customer with us and I would be more than happy to assist you with this basic TV cable concern. As well as assist you with any other service needs.

Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.