Community Forum

Linux not supported? Very frustrating...

New Poster

Linux not supported? Very frustrating...

My family and i have been with xfinity/comcast for longer than I remember, So when I fired up my new fresh built linux Home theater PC I was very dissapointed to see that I can not even use the servers that I pay for. I have seen other post on here asking about this, and have seen xfinity reps reply and say that they are not planning on supporting any Linux OS, My question is why? If you can access the stream platform from just about any other device, on any onther web browser, why not linux? the customers have been asking for the support for years now and it makes no logical sence not to support it.

Expert

Re: Linux not supported? Very frustrating...

@mcmccreadie wrote:

My family and i have been with xfinity/comcast for longer than I remember, So when I fired up my new fresh built linux Home theater PC I was very dissapointed to see that I can not even use the servers that I pay for. I have seen other post on here asking about this, and have seen xfinity reps reply and say that they are not planning on supporting any Linux OS, My question is why? If you can access the stream platform from just about any other device, on any onther web browser, why not linux? the customers have been asking for the support for years now and it makes no logical sence not to support it.

at the current time, *nix is not suppported. note that updated chromebooks do work with the  built in chrome browser.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!