Community Forum

Keeps asking me to sign in

Highlighted
New Poster

Keeps asking me to sign in

Safari 13.1

This annoying issue began a few weeks ago. 

If I pause a movie, then go to another website, and come back to Xfinity, it always asks me to sign in again. I've cleared the cache and cookies and signed in with texted code many times, checking off not to ask again on this browser, but that had no effect. 

Also, sometimes while watching a movie, it will suddenly stop and revert to asking me to sign in again.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Keeps asking me to sign in

@soulartist28 wrote:

Safari 13.1

This annoying issue began a few weeks ago. 

If I pause a movie, then go to another website, and come back to Xfinity, it always asks me to sign in again. I've cleared the cache and cookies and signed in with texted code many times, checking off not to ask again on this browser, but that had no effect. 

Also, sometimes while watching a movie, it will suddenly stop and revert to asking me to sign in again.

you have an browser extenstion that is erasing your history.you can test by turning off all browser extensions then accessing the stream site. fixed?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, please uncheck the Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Website Tracking > Prevent cross-site tracking option to resolve this issue.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

That suggestion seems to work. Thanks

Highlighted
New Poster

Spoiler
Thanks for trying. The answer below yours did work. 
Highlighted
New Poster

That will solve it but defeats the purpose of the Safari privacy feature. Comcast should fix this because there's not reason it needs to be doing 3rd party tracking for customers logging in to their own Xfinity account.

A better solution is to select "Safari > Settings for this Website" and uncheck "Enable Content Blockers".

This will only disable the privacy feature on the xfinity.com website, not all websites you browse.