Community Forum

KOMO 4 won’t stream as a TV GO channel

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

KOMO 4 won’t stream as a TV GO channel

I get the following error message when I try to stream KOMO 4 as a TV GO channel on an iPad using the Xfinity stream app:

Playback Issue :: TVAPP-00243

We we’re unable to authorize live playback.

The other channels in the TV GO grid all stream OK.  Since KOMO 4 is listed in the grid should it also be able to stream?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: KOMO 4 won’t stream as a TV GO channel

@MrMudBay wrote:

I get the following error message when I try to stream KOMO 4 as a TV GO channel on an iPad using the Xfinity stream app:

Playback Issue :: TVAPP-00243

We we’re unable to authorize live playback.

The other channels in the TV GO grid all stream OK.  Since KOMO 4 is listed in the grid should it also be able to stream?

physically where are you when this happens? Does it play when connected to your own home wifi? is it s special program like a live sports game that may have special restrictions set by the channel?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: KOMO 4 won’t stream as a TV GO channel

It happens at home when I am on Xfinity WiFi and away from home when using Wave Cable WiFi. So far it has only happened with Komo news.  I have not tried other Komo programming like sports.