Community Forum

I had Stream now its gone

Frequent Visitor

I had Stream now its gone

I didn't realize this until the other day, but I had Stream listed under my services.  I do not think it was a pay subscription so maybe it was part of my internet package?  I used it for a day and now it has disappeared. Well, not really disappeared but it just shows about 6 free channels that are mostly ads.  Now I cannot find anywhere to sign up again or get it working like before.  I only use Xfinity for the internet and do not have a TV account if that matters...

I know the info is pretty limited but does anyone had any ideas?

New Poster

Re: I had Stream now its gone

Same here. Same exact thing.
Computer deciding who's eligible?
Frequent Visitor

I saw on a Reddit post that there was a free trial until the 29th. Haven’t seen anything where else about that being a thing though
Silver Problem Solver

Any chance you are referring to Instant TV?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-instant-tv-faqs

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

To be honest, I don't really know. It is hard to figure out the difference between the two or even to find a channel lineup.  What is the difference?

Silver Problem Solver

@deeve wrote:

To be honest, I don't really know. It is hard to figure out the difference between the two or even to find a channel lineup.  What is the difference?

Have you received a bill yet?  It should tell you what you are paying for.

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/?CMP=ILC_myaccount_myxfinity_re

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

It was free and I hadn’t noticed it until a few days ago. I bought a gigabit plan and figured it was included but just didn’t notice it. What was strange was that the DVR option wasn’t present on any of the channels.

Yesterday I did sign up for a 30 day free trial of Instant TV and it looks the same as what I before and does include the DVR option. The CSR was not able to tell me why I had it before. I do like that Instant TV does not count against my download limit.
New Poster

I came here looking for answers about this same problem. I signed up for xfinity stream November 2019. A month or so later I couldn’t get it on our tv, however, I could on all mobile devices. I called to get help and they sent a tech out. Finally he “found something” and it appeared on our tv. Great we thought. Then we get a bill for double play that we didn’t sign up for and can’t convince them of this. I canceled double play and now all I can find is this Flex tv. I want the beta streaming app we suddenly lost. What’s going on? Also my account shows I’m internet only but they are still billing me only $10 less than double play. They don’t return my calls either. Any suggestions?
Frequent Visitor

My answer unfortunately was to leave Xfinty. Their High price and things like this made is a relatively easy choice, although I don’t like having to switch.