Community Forum

Error createDrmSession.403-102

New Poster

Error createDrmSession.403-102

I am a new Xfinity customer, I went with Xfinity because I understood I could use my existing Roku devices to stream TV.  I have successfully authorized 2 Roku devices (Premier+ & Ultra models) unfortunately a 3rd device (Premier+ model) is giving the following error: Error createDrmSession.403-102.  This error is presented whether the device is wired to the LAN or on wifi.  I have noticed the device that is NOT allowing authorization is Premier+ Model #4630X while the Premier+ Model that is working is #4630RW - both have the same software version.  Do you have any thoughts as to why one Premier+ would successfully connect while the other will not?

Expert

Re: Error createDrmSession.403-102

@mahlmann65 wrote:

I am a new Xfinity customer, I went with Xfinity because I understood I could use my existing Roku devices to stream TV.  I have successfully authorized 2 Roku devices (Premier+ & Ultra models) unfortunately a 3rd device (Premier+ model) is giving the following error: Error createDrmSession.403-102.  This error is presented whether the device is wired to the LAN or on wifi.  I have noticed the device that is NOT allowing authorization is Premier+ Model #4630X while the Premier+ Model that is working is #4630RW - both have the same software version.  Do you have any thoughts as to why one Premier+ would successfully connect while the other will not? 

do you have X1 set top box(es) in your home hooked up to service and that are working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I do not have any set top boxes that was the point of my selecting Xfintity - I should be able to use the Roke devices I already owned.

Expert

@mahlmann65 wrote:

I do not have any set top boxes that was the point of my selecting Xfintity - I should be able to use the Roke devices I already owned.

thank you for the answer. Since you only have the Instant TV service you are limited to 2 total streaming devices at the same time. improperly closing (an example) a web browser with an active stream TV website will take one of the two slots leaving only one. once you have 2 devices streaming any attempt to stream the third device will fail. Could that be the problem?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

My Roku Express loaded xfinity streaming app fine , however several days later I installed a Roku streaming stick on another tv, on the wireless network, and I received the error messages everyone is receiving, when attempting to install the xfinity app.  Somewhere, on a forum I read to delete the xfinity app and go to apps on the Roku and then reinstall it. Next step ( most important) scroll to the app and press the star button on your Roku. The authorization process will begin and instead of receiving a ‘success’ response after entering the code on a pc, you will be promoted to enter user name and pw, and then the app will be installed completely.