Community Forum

ESPN3.com / WatchESPN - Why can't this ever work properly?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: ESPN3.com / WatchESPN - Why can't this ever work properly?

yes I am logged on to xfinitytv and no there is no comcast logo on the espn3 site.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Thanks, I've passed that on to ESPN, but they suggested you call their support line at 888-549-ESPN.  Would you mind trying that to see if they can help, as we've found that these issues are usually on their side.

Eric

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

It was doing the same thing for me, giving me the blank pop up. I use a mac and was using safari. So I closed it and opened Fire Fox. I searched "Watch Espn" in google and clicked on the streaming option and it finally worked. I had to use fire fox b/c it simply wont work with safari.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same issue as everyone else. I want to watch the Crossfit games while on lunch at work. I have watched games on ESPN 3 not so long ago, I watched dam near every single EURO 2012 game from work or other locations.

now when I try and watch from espn3.com I get nothing. No login, no player shows up. super frustrating!

Highlighted
New Poster

Also, I would post screenshots but there is NOTHING to post. If I am on ESPN3.com and click anything related to "watch live" nothing happens, no player opens up to stream.

Highlighted
Official Employee

I was just informed that there was an outage this morning that could have affected access.  Could you please try again and let me know if you're still having an issue?

thanks.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Nadda... I am at work, will try from home later. so no, this is not fixed.

Highlighted
Official Employee

ok, would you mind contacting ESPN's support line at ESPN 888-549-ESPN?

Highlighted
New Poster

I resolved the my issue.  I cleared all my browsing history including cookies and its now working.  Comcast is included in the list of providers.  I was also not using my primary login for comcast (I didn't even know i had another login for comcast.net as I never use it but comcast informed me of this when i called) but I don't think that matter because when the espn site diverted me to comcast I used my secondary login as I had been using before and it works.

Highlighted
New Poster

Good to know, I tried this and nothing. I literally get nothing when I click on the link, it doesnt pop up anything for me to sign into.

I am going to espn3.com and clicking watch now, or watch live. Is this how you got to the shows?

Highlighted
New Poster

no I just click on the events.  Clear all your history then restart the browser.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

lol this STILL doesn't work.  It used to work for me last month, except that I had to go to "Live" and choose ESPN or ESPN 2 which gave me a list of 4 providers including comcast instead of the long list.  But now, all I get are Time Warner, Brighthouse Network and sometimes a list that just says -------- NOTHING AT ALL

Every time I use the support on their site, I get a generic response about the providers access, WHICH I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT, AND HAVE XFINITY SO I DON'T NEED YOUR GENERIC RESPONSE, AND WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD FIX THIS IN REASONABLE PERIOD OF TIME INSTEAD OF LETTING THIS GO ON FOR WEEKS AND WEEKS.

In Firefox NOTHING happens at all when I click on the links, doesn't matter which ones, only the schedule works.  YES I AM SIGNED IN ON XFINITY'S SITE.  On Opera the links open, but I get a list of nothing to choose from for providers for ESPN/ESPN2, and ESPN3 gives me a huge list of everything EXCEPT comcast.  If I choose "not found" and enter my zipcode, I can choose comcast and it gives me a message saying great news I can watch espn now, and then I click watch espn and it says THIS PROGRAMMING IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO SELECT CUSTOMERS OF SELECT TELEVSION AND BROADCAST PROVIDERS, Please choose blah blah, and then it's the huge list of providers with everything BUT comcast.

Cleared cache and all cookies in both Firefox and Opera, firefox still does NOTHING when clicking on items other than the schedule (including the events), and Opera loads and then makes me choose from a huge list with no comcast.

It's really sickening that ESPN has let this go on this long.

Thanks for nothing ESPN.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

So much for helping us, guess ESPN has better things to do than allow their customersto watch their programming.

Highlighted
Official Employee

chicken3, sorry to hear you're still having trouble accessing ESPN3 online.  Have you tried all of the suggestions above?  Have you tried contacting ESPN's support line at ESPN 888-549-ESPN?  That's what they've suggested that we ask customers to do so they can troubleshoot the issue directly.  Please let me know how it goes.

Eric

Highlighted
New Poster

I am a comcast customer with access to this content.  when I go to watch espn content on WatchEspn.com, Espn3 doesn't work.  Espn, Espn2 and EspnU it works fine. When I go to the WatchEspn site and try to access the other 3 I am able to see the game, event, etc... that is being shown on that channel. But when I try to click on ESPN3 it keeps saying URL not found.  P.S.  This is after I have already signed in to my comcast account.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yup, they are not capable of fixing this simple issue after all these months.  Let's all call their support number and be told the same stuff that's on this thread that doesn't work.

I found a "workaround", you can get to it through xfinity's site, but their site is absolutely awful and you get no event schedule at all, you can just click on ESPN and it loads... http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/espn

Highlighted
Official Employee

@jayrob2 wrote:

I am a comcast customer with access to this content.  when I go to watch espn content on WatchEspn.com, Espn3 doesn't work.  Espn, Espn2 and EspnU it works fine. When I go to the WatchEspn site and try to access the other 3 I am able to see the game, event, etc... that is being shown on that channel. But when I try to click on ESPN3 it keeps saying URL not found.  P.S.  This is after I have already signed in to my comcast account.

Please send me the link of the page you are on when clicking the ESPN3 link. I would like to test it out.

Also, can you watch ESPN3 videos from here:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
@TWITTER: @XfinityTVJoe

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

lol @ comcast joe linking the page that nobody can get to work...  You click anything, it redirects to the adobe auth thing, back to the espn page.  At that point you can't click anything, no links work.

Highlighted
New Poster

Having the same problem as everyone else. Signed into Xfinity TV and ESPN but cannot get past the "select your provider" screen.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am attempting to watch remotely and am able to get through to the espn3/watchespn index page and my xfinity logo shows up in the top right corner, but every time I try to load a video I get the message "there was an error loading the player." message.  Not sure if there is a setting I need to adjust in my adobe flash player or if there is still a connection issue between espn3 and comcast. Any solutions I can try?

Highlighted
New Poster

Sorry to post again, but additionally, these links do work:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/espn3?cmpid=espn3stream

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/espn2

The problem is I think this leaves me no choice on what I am watching on espn3 and most of the time no access to what I actually want to watch.  Is there an xfinity.com link that would allow me to access the espn3 index so that I can choose from the entire selection of available content?

Highlighted
Official Employee

@gldnboot13 wrote:

Sorry to post again, but additionally, these links do work:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/espn3?cmpid=espn3stream

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/espn2

The problem is I think this leaves me no choice on what I am watching on espn3 and most of the time no access to what I actually want to watch.  Is there an xfinity.com link that would allow me to access the espn3 index so that I can choose from the entire selection of available content?

The ESPN3 link on Xfinity.com/tv should lead you to this page:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index

Try uninstalling Adobe Flash Player from your computer and then download and install it again and see if it works.

Thanks,
Joe

Highlighted
New Poster

This did not solve the problem. I've tried it in multiple browsers as well (chrome, firefox, IE) with no luck either.

Highlighted
New Poster

I cannot watch ESPN3 away from my house. I login to my xfinity account and can watch live ESPN or other online content, but on ESPN3 I get redirected. Firebug shows me:

POST SAMLAssertionConsumer - 500 Internal Server Error - sp.auth.adobe.com

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Highlighted
New Poster

I've been trying to watch football all day on my mac. When I iog into xfinity, and then click on the ESPN tab to watch ESPN live I am redirrected to a window that claims I need to download and install the newest version of adobe flashplayer.  I have downloaded, installed, uninstalled, downladed, and re-installed Adobe multiple times and still get the same message.  I've tried this with firefox and safari and still can't get it to work.  It's incredibly frustrating.

Please help.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@footballplz wrote:

I've been trying to watch football all day on my mac. When I iog into xfinity, and then click on the ESPN tab to watch ESPN live I am redirrected to a window that claims I need to download and install the newest version of adobe flashplayer.  I have downloaded, installed, uninstalled, downladed, and re-installed Adobe multiple times and still get the same message.  I've tried this with firefox and safari and still can't get it to work.  It's incredibly frustrating.

Please help.

Thanks.

When Flash released version 11, they decided to no longer to support Mac OS X 10.5.

We have updated our videos to use version 11.1 and higher to improve video playback.

Sorry,
Joe

Highlighted
New Poster

I've read the comment dated june 16, 2012. I can only say "ditto" and I am furious and frustrated! What are we paying for?!? We get scammed every day out in the world and now it's in cyberspace and comcast! Call me sick and tired of this thoroughly irritating fflapdoodle !

Highlighted
New Poster

Why can't I get ESPN3 on my iPad, always did in the past. Even though I have in the past. It is listed on ESPN3 and ESPNU. Same game, but comcast  blacks out ESPN 3 and then tell you have to have ESPNU as part of your pkg. to watch it. That meants  $ 10.00 amount on your bill monthly on top of the $ 172. I think I will check out some more services. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

this is still going on, but only on Chrome. IE works like a charm and even displays the xfinity logo. DId not test firefox.

The remote access button on watchespn.com fails 99% of the times and the only way to trigger a sign-in request is by accessing a stream directly (via espn.com or using the player trick mentioned before).

Unfortunately, when prompted to select the provider, selecting comcast xfinity leads to the following blank page:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/adobepass/login?mvpd=Comcast_SSO

Being or not already signed in to Xfinity makes no difference, so does clearing the cache and deleting cookies.

Given the fact that it works on IE, I am inclined to believe is ESPN's fault and a clear Chrome conflict.

We should all notify their support.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@cleviepoo wrote:

Hi,

this is still going on, but only on Chrome. IE works like a charm and even displays the xfinity logo. DId not test firefox.

The remote access button on watchespn.com fails 99% of the times and the only way to trigger a sign-in request is by accessing a stream directly (via espn.com or using the player trick mentioned before).

Unfortunately, when prompted to select the provider, selecting comcast xfinity leads to the following blank page:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/adobepass/login?mvpd=Comcast_SSO

Being or not already signed in to Xfinity makes no difference, so does clearing the cache and deleting cookies.

Given the fact that it works on IE, I am inclined to believe is ESPN's fault and a clear Chrome conflict.

We should all notify their support.

There is something in your Chrome browser that is conflicting with WatchESPN but I am not rally sure what it is yet.

Try completely removing Google Chrome from your computer and then install it again. This clean install should clear out any conflict that may exist.

Thanks,
Joe

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks ComcastJoe for quick Response.

The issue lies in the cookie authorization process.

If you have selected to block thirdy party cookies the Auth will always fail. Uncheck that option is Chrome. For some reason I have that checked in IE as well, but it worked nonetheless. 

Hope this will help somebody.

Highlighted
New Poster

you are correct!! watch espn as "deleivered" by comcast is a joke. poor piture quality, never starts and the tool bars are a mess. They should be embarrassed to advertise they offer this garbage.

Highlighted
New Poster

After logging into Xfinity, then trying to watch live Cricket on watchespn, it says not supported in my region ...

When I went to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer

I get funky info .. 

Chrome:

My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:Unknown

IE:

My Zip Code:19103My Cable Provider:Unknown

so whats going on .. why does my computer not identify the correct zip code and cable provider?

need this to work ASAP