mikebox121's profile

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

Friday, April 17th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

Content Decryption Module Service killing my system?

I am trying to stream my xfinity, however I noticed while streaming my CPU usage gets extremely high causing my system fans to go full speed.

I noticed that the lead tab says Unity: Content Decryption Module Service. It is practically killing the CPU and doing this on all systems.

Probably unrelated, but the entire site is stupid slow with clicks, even on the forums taking minutes to respond. But once playing it seems reliable.

Is there a way to watch without killing my CPU?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@mikebox121 wrote:

I am trying to stream my xfinity, however I noticed while streaming my CPU usage gets extremely high causing my system fans to go full speed.

I noticed that the lead tab says Unity: Content Decryption Module Service. It is practically killing the CPU and doing this on all systems.

Probably unrelated, but the entire site is stupid slow with clicks, even on the forums taking minutes to respond. But once playing it seems reliable.

Is there a way to watch without killing my CPU?

to answer the question need to know if you are in-home or out of home viewing on the stream website?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here