Community Forum

Can not stream TV

Regular Visitor

Can not stream TV

I can play movies but TV says to subscribe. I have subscribed and was watching tv last night. I recently did an upgrade where xfinity sent me a tv box despite saying repeatedly I did not want the cable box I wanted to use my rokus. I returned the equipment and that seems to be the issue.

Error code tvapp-00116
I have signed out and in restarted rokus, deleted app and reinstalled. From research it looks like you guys need to update my account to not having a tv box and have the streaming device.
Expert

Re: Can not stream TV

@Chris418 wrote:
I can play movies but TV says to subscribe. I have subscribed and was watching tv last night. I recently did an upgrade where xfinity sent me a tv box despite saying repeatedly I did not want the cable box I wanted to use my rokus. I returned the equipment and that seems to be the issue.

Error code tvapp-00116
I have signed out and in restarted rokus, deleted app and reinstalled. From research it looks like you guys need to update my account to not having a tv box and have the streaming device.

you will need to call 800-Comcast customer service and subscribe to instant TV (only 2 simultaneous streams allowed, 20 hours of 2 tuner DVR)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Can not stream TV

Thanks. It took 2 days, 7 representatives, 2 escalations, and 3 hours on the phone to get this craziness fixed.