mazarelli4's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, February 24th, 2019 10:00 AM

Closed

ABC network isn't' available to watch live online?

We are out of the country and want to watch the Oscars this evening, but when we go to watch the live tv option on our laptop it gives us a message saying that we have to turn on our In-Home Wifi, or it tells us to upgrade our package. 

Its ABC. We should be able to watch it online....whats going on?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Because you’re out of the country, you’re out of luck.
From the link
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/live-tv-streaming

I can't watch all of my live TV and/or Xfinity On Demand streaming when I'm traveling. Is there a problem?
While in the home, content is delivered as a cable service over Comcast's managed IP network, and includes your full live TV channel lineup and all of your Xfinity On Demand choices. Although more than 200 live TV channels and over 40,000 On Demand movies and shows are available outside of the home over the Internet, certain content is not currently available. Use the Available Out of Home filter in the Xfinity Stream app or portal to easily identify streaming options available when you are not at home. Streaming and downloading of content when outside of the United States is not allowed due to limitations on rights by content providers.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

even if you have a VPN?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Try right from the ABC app or website. Not sure if they have rules for out of country use either.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here