Community Forum

ANSWERED: What is the Xfinity Xi5 TV Box?

The Xi5 is a new wireless X1 TV box that will allow XFINITY X1 customers to watch live TV without the need for a coaxial cable connection.

Here are some FAQ's

Can the Wireless TV box be my only TV box?

At this time, the Wireless TV box is intended for use as a secondary X1 device in your home, in conjunction with a primary X1 TV box. You must have a primary X1 TV box plugged in and connected to a coaxial cable jack in your home.

What are the requirements to have the Xi5 device?

To have a Wireless TV box in your home, you'll need XFINITY TV service, at least one additional X1 TV box to act as the primary X1 device on your account and XFINITY Internet with a Wireless Gateway 3 (with RDK-B firmware) to stream video over the Xi5's WiFi connection.

Can I move the Wireless TV box to a different location in the house?

Yes, you can move your Wireless TV box provided it maintains a wireless connection to the wireless gateway. Please note, however, that the distance from your gateway, along with other factors in your home (e.g., metal ducts, brick walls, double pane windows, etc.) will affect the video quality on the Wireless TV box.

Can I use the Wireless TV box outdoors?

Yes, you may take the Wireless TV box outdoors provided it maintains a wireless connection to the XFINITY Gateway. Please note, the Wireless TV box is not weatherproof and you should avoid direct exposure to precipitation and extreme heat or cold.

Can I hide the Wireless TV box out of site?

Yes, the Wireless TV box can be placed anywhere it can maintain a wireless connection to your wireless gateway, like in a cabinet or behind a TV. The voice remote that comes with the Wireless TV box does not require line-of-site to the box.

What should I do if my video freezes or pixilates?

First, try rebooting the Wireless TV box. If the condition does not improve, try moving the Wireless TV box and your wireless gateway closer together. If you need additional support, please Contact Us.

Can I connect the Wireless TV box to my WiFi range extender?

We recommend connecting the Wireless TV box directly to your wireless gateway for the best viewing experience. We cannot guarantee that the Wireless TV box will work properly over WiFi range extenders.

How many Wireless TV boxes can I have in my home at one time?

At this time, the maximum is two Wireless TV boxes per account.

Can I use my own modem?

No, the Wireless TV box can only be used with your XFINITY wireless gateway.

Are there charges or fees associated with the Wireless TV box?

Yes, standard equipment and additional outlet service fees apply to the Wireless TV box.

Does the Wireless TV box support 4K/Ultra HD resolution?

No, the Wireless TV box does not support 4K/Ultra HD resolution at this time.

Can I use X1 apps on the Wireless TV box?

Yes, all X1 apps available on other X1 TV boxes will be available with the Wireless TV box.

Note:

• The Xi5 is only available in select markets at this time
  • Aside from the WiFi connection, the Xi5 will have the same functionality as the Xi3 and XiD devices.

Device Specifications:

Manufacturer: Pace
Model Number: Pace PX051AEI Xi5
Device Type: HDTV Cable Box
Device Dimensions: 4.23 in W x 4.23 in D x 0.63 in H

Xi5 FrontXi5 FrontXi5 RearXi5 Rear

To join the discussion or to get updates go here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xi5-TV-Box/td-p/2860100

Version history
Revision #:
4 of 4
Last update:
‎02-05-2018 11:00 AM
Updated by:

Labels (1)
Contributors