Community Forum

ANSWERED: How to get Hulu on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex

hulu-coming-to-x1-hero.jpg
The Hulu app is now available to all Xfinity Flex and eligible Xfinity X1 customers!

Hulu is a popular subscription over-the-top (OTT) video service for streaming TV shows and movies from many broadcast and cable networks and studios.

Hulu gives you access to shows from ABC, NBC, FOX, A&E and many more networks, plus exclusive Hulu Originals like The Handmaids Tale, Ramy, Little Fires Everywhere, Marvel’s Runaways and Dollface.

To access the Hulu app, you’ll need:
  • A compatible streaming TV Box with Xfinity Flex service, or a compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150 and Pace XG1v1 aren’t compatible) with Xfinity TV service.
  • Xfinity Internet service (any level).
  • A subscription to one of Hulu’s plans.

Get to the Hulu App on X1 or Flex

You can get to the Hulu app in a few ways.
ComcastJessie_0-1586880909042.png

To find Hulu in the X1 and Flex Apps menus, you can:
  1. Press the xfinity button on your remote.
  2. Select Apps.
  3. Go to Hulu under Video.

You’ll also see Hulu TV shows and movies in your search results if you’re browsing on X1 or Flex.

Launch the Hulu App
Once you’ve chosen Hulu from the X1 or Flex Apps menu or said “Hulu” into your Voice Remote, the app will launch.
ComcastJessie_1-1586880909084.jpeg

Log In to Hulu on a Computer or a TV

1. Choose Log in to use your existing Hulu login information to sign into the Hulu app on Flex or X1. You can also select Start Your Free Trial on your TV Box to sign up for new Hulu subscription.
    ComcastJessie_2-1586880909083.jpeg

2. If you chose Log in, select either Activate on a computer to use your computer to log into Hulu or Log in on this device to complete the process on your TV.
    ComcastJessie_3-1586880909085.jpeg

• To activate on a computer, go to hulu.com/activate and, when prompted, enter the code that appears on your TV.
      ComcastJessie_4-1586880909052.jpeg

• To activate on a TV (by selecting Log in on this device), you’ll be asked to enter your Hulu credentials.
      • Note: Forgot your Hulu username or password? Go to hulu.com. Click Log in, then click Forgot your email and password?.
        ComcastJessie_5-1586880909057.jpeg 
  3. You’ll have the option to select an existing email or enter a new one. Then, enter your Hulu password.
    ComcastJessie_6-1586880909141.jpeg

4. You’ll be asked to choose a user profile to start watching Hulu. Once you pick one, you’ll go to the Hulu home screen.

Hulu Home Screen and Playing a Show

Once you’ve signed into Hulu, choose Hulu from the X1 or Flex Apps menu or say “Hulu” into your Voice Remote to be taken to the Hulu home screen.
ComcastJessie_7-1586880909165.jpeg

From the top navigation bar, you can select Hulu Picks, Unwatched in My Stuff, TV, Movies and more.

After selecting a show or movie, you'll see a description of the program and the Start Watching button. For saving and keeping track of your favorite shows and movies within the Hulu app, add them to your favorites list by clicking + My Stuff.
ComcastJessie_8-1586880909166.jpeg

Go Directly to a Hulu Movie or Series From X1 or Flex

In the X1 or Flex menu, after selecting a movie or show, you can be taken directly to the program without going through the Hulu home screen.

Choosing a Movie

If you’re signed into the Hulu app and you pick a movie on X1 or Flex that is available on Hulu, select the Play On Hulu button. The app will launch and begin playing the movie.
ComcastJessie_9-1586880909223.jpeg

Press the Exit button on your remote to leave the movie and go back to the X1 or Flex menu.

Sign In From the X1 or Flex Episode Guide (or Movie)

If you open the episode guide on X1 or Flex for a series available on Hulu, you can choose Sign-In/Sign-Up to launch the app.
ComcastJessie_10-1586880909192.jpeg

Follow the process for signing in from the Log In to Hulu on a Computer or a TV section.
You can sign up for a Hulu subscription directly from Xfinity Flex and Xfinity X1! Existing Hulu subscribers should choose Log in after launching the app. 

1. Launch the Hulu app from the Apps menu in Flex or X1, or by saying “Hulu” into your Xfinity Voice Remote.
    ComcastJessie_11-1586881286863.jpeg

ComcastJessie_12-1586881286882.png

2. A Hulu screen will appear while the app loads.
    ComcastJessie_13-1586881287059.png

3. You’ll see buttons to Log In or Start Your Free Trial. Choose Start Your Free Trial to view the two available subscription plans.
    ComcastJessie_14-1586881286886.png

4. Two subscription plans are available through the Hulu app on Flex – Hulu's ad-supported plan for $5.99 per month or Hulu (No Ads) for $11.99 per month.
    ComcastJessie_15-1586881286880.png

5. Choose Continue once you choose the plan you want, then you’ll be asked to create your account.
    ComcastJessie_16-1586881286884.png

Select Email and you’ll have the option to sign up with an existing email or enter a new one.
    ComcastJessie_17-1586881286959.png

6. Once you’ve created your account, you’ll be shown the details of the plan you picked, and you can choose Subscribe or Cancel.
    ComcastJessie_18-1586881286973.png

7. You’ll need to enter your Purchase PIN if you have one. Then you’ll receive confirmation that you’ve successfully signed up for Hulu.
    ComcastJessie_19-1586881286976.png

8. You can now begin enjoying your Hulu subscription and can customize your plan by following the onscreen prompts.
    ComcastJessie_20-1586881286978.png

1. Choose a movie or TV episode from the Flex Episode Guide. Choose Watch Options.
    ComcastJessie_21-1586881286977.png

2. Select Hulu Sign-In/Sign-Up.
    ComcastJessie_22-1586881287178.png

3. Follow the same steps outlined in Sign Up for the Hulu App.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why can’t I access the Hulu app on my X1 TV Box?
If you don’t see Hulu content on your TV Box, please verify that you:

• Have a compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150 and Pace XG1v1 devices aren’t supported).
  • Have Xfinity Internet services (any level).

I don’t have Xfinity TV but I have Xfinity Internet. Can I access the Hulu app?
Yes, but only if you have an Xfinity Flex device, too. Customers can access Hulu on a variety of non-Xfinity devices as well. Information on supported devices is available at hulu.com.

How do I manage my Hulu subscription?
You can see and cancel your Hulu subscription right from your TV Box if you signed up for Hulu through Xfinity.

The ability to upgrade and downgrade your Hulu subscription from your TV Box is also becoming available.

Do I need to register or sign in to use Hulu?
Yes, you can use your existing Hulu credentials to sign in to the Hulu app on Flex or X1. Select Log in once you launch the Hulu app on your TV Box.

How much does Hulu cost?
Aside from the prices for your Xfinity services, you can subscribe to one of two different Hulu plans, from the Hulu app on X1 and Flex: Hulu’s ad-supported plan for $5.99 per month or Hulu (No Ads) for $11.99 per month, to gain access to Hulu’s on-demand streaming library.

Can I access Hulu + Live TV on X1 or Flex?
No, the Hulu + Live TV service isn’t available on Xfinity devices. Only Hulu’s Video On Demand library is available. Customers who purchased Hulu + Live TV directly from Hulu won’t be able to access Live TV or their Hulu DVR recordings on the Hulu app on Flex and X1.

I forgot my Hulu username or password. How do I find my username or reset my password?
Please visit Hulu’s Help Center to recover your Hulu username or reset your password.

Is Hulu in HD?
Yes, select titles in Hulu’s library content are available to stream at 1080p or 720p.

Is Hulu in 4K?
No, Hulu’s 4K library is not available on X1 and Flex currently.

Does watching Hulu count against my monthly Internet data usage?
Yes, Hulu content is streamed from the Internet, and will count against your monthly data usage.

How do I cancel my Hulu subscription billed by Xfinity?
Customers who signed up for a Hulu subscription through X1 or Flex can cancel it through the Apps & Subscriptions Management menu in X1 or Flex. To get there, visit Apps & Subscriptions under the Settings menu of X1 or Flex. Or say “Manage Hulu” into your Xfinity Voice Remote.

How do I block access to Hulu on Flex or X1?
There are two ways you can set parental controls for the Hulu app:

• Lock TV-MA content under Settings > Parental Controls > TV Rating Locks. Once locked, a Parental Control PIN is required before you can access the app.
  • You can block access to the Hulu app using an Application Lock.

How do I cancel my Hulu subscription?
If your Hulu subscription appears on your Xfinity bill, go to the Apps & Subscriptions Management menu on your Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Box or Xfinity X1 TV Box. Find it under Apps & Subscriptions in Flex Settings. You can also find it by saying “Manage Hulu” into your Xfinity Voice Remote. Once there, select Unsubscribe and follow the onscreen prompts. If you have issues accessing this menu, please contact us.

If your Hulu subscription isn’t billed by Xfinity, please visit hulu.com/account.

How do I view the status of my Hulu subscription?
If your Hulu subscription appears on your Xfinity bill, go to the Apps & Subscriptions Management menu on your Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Box or Xfinity X1 TV Box. Find it under Apps & Subscriptions in Flex Settings. You can also find it by saying “Manage Hulu” into your Voice Remote. Once there, you can find the details of your Hulu plan on the left-hand side of the menu. If you have issues accessing this menu, please contact us.

If your Hulu subscription isn’t billed by Xfinity, visit hulu.com/account to view your subscription details.

I signed up for Hulu through Flex or X1, but I forgot my username or password. How do I find my username or reset my password?
Please see this article on Hulu's Help Center for more information on resetting your password and recovering your email address.

What will happen to my Hulu account if I cancel my Xfinity service?
If you cancel your Xfinity service, you’ll still have access to Hulu until the end of your current Hulu billing cycle. Your Hulu subscription will not automatically renew after that. You can resubscribe at any time by visiting hulu.com.

Additional Resources:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/hulu-app-overview

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/hulu-app-signup

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/manage-hulu-subscription

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/hulu-app-faqs

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/hulu-on-xfinity

Version history
Revision #:
6 of 6
Last update:
‎04-14-2020 01:12 PM
Updated by: