Community Forum

"Connect to in-home Wifi to watch" message

Regular Visitor

"Connect to in-home Wifi to watch" message

Xfinity Stream app - I am at home logged into my own home wifi network. Now on some of the shows on the Xfinity streaming app I cannot watch the show, it says "Connect to in-home Wifi to watch" I am connected to my in-home wifi network. How can this be resolved? Thanks

Expert

Re: "Connect to in-home Wifi to watch" message

@ajsmith wrote:

Xfinity Stream app - I am at home logged into my own home wifi network. Now on some of the shows on the Xfinity streaming app I cannot watch the show, it says "Connect to in-home Wifi to watch" I am connected to my in-home wifi network. How can this be resolved? Thanks

what device are you using? did you try a desk/laptop or other smart device?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

ipad. Tried it on my laptop too, same result.

I also went back to the Xfinity store, had an agent there manually add the MAC number for my cable modem into the system. Still no luck...

New Poster

I’m experiencing this as well but not connected to the same WiFi as my modem as I’m traveling. Is XFinity shutting down XFinity everywhere (or whatever that service is called) suddenly?
Expert

@NWPetiteLady wrote:
I’m experiencing this as well but not connected to the same WiFi as my modem as I’m traveling. Is XFinity shutting down XFinity everywhere (or whatever that service is called) suddenly?

the Roku app will not connect except in the home to the Xfinity stream beta TV channel. your smart devices when away from the home should be able to select the TVgo channels, much of the on-demand library, and completed recordings.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi ajsmith, I can look into this for you. Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Make sure your modem is compatible. I changed a few already and it’s worked out. Might have Been a upgrade to certain modems and glitch them out. The modem in question were older style ones. Give the company a call to have it changed out or they will send you a new modem so you can do it yourself. Hope that helps.