Community Forum

Xfinity stream outside of Comcast network

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Xfinity stream outside of Comcast network

I travel and want to know when will Xfinity stream be available outside of the comcast network. Other cable companies allow it, when can we expect to view out home channels when away from home?
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity stream outside of Comcast network

You can now but from a mobile device or pc/laptop, and only channels labeled “To Go”, anything else is licensing
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/getting-started-xfinity-tv-mobile-app

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

You can now but from a mobile device, and only channels labeled “To Go”, anything else is licensing
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/getting-started-xfinity-tv-mobile-app

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Live.. like at home. Not recording or single show or movie. Example would be local news, not a movie to watch on the plane. TV as if still home. Live shows. That's what I want to see from my xfinity to go or whatever it it's called. If I can see it at home, why not over the internet? It's only available on comcast when I'm home. I've got the cable box for that, I would like to see the local news and local tv shows live when I'm not on a comcast network.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Again, it boils down to licensing agreements

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Comcast is the biggest cable tv company, right? They own NBC and so on.. why is it customers with spectrum cable can watch live (not this on the go stuff..) on the internet, meaning any connection/ access to the web, and we can't?
They came out with that app years ago. Make so we can use it like customers from Spectrum cable