Community Forum

Xfinity stream keeps asking if I’m still watching, it’s annoying!

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity stream keeps asking if I’m still watching, it’s annoying!

In the middle of watching TV the xfinity stream app keeps asking me if I’m still watching then disconnects me if i don’t respond! How do I stop this stupid annoying pop up screen from interrupting my viewing?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity stream keeps asking if I’m still watching, it’s annoying!

@Fish570 wrote:
In the middle of watching TV the xfinity stream app keeps asking me if I’m still watching then disconnects me if i don’t respond! How do I stop this stupid annoying pop up screen from interrupting my viewing?

on what device are you seeing this message? (TV/roku/desk/laptop/smart phone/tablet)? I've never had that happen. how much idle time passes before you get the message? what do you have to do to clear the message (specifically). what happens if you do not respond to the prompt?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I'm having this same issue on a Roku Smart TV. There is no rhyme or reason to the amount of "idle time" that transpires before this gray box pops up and covers the whole screen. It's beyond annoying if I've gone into another room during a commercial only to return to see the start screen in the Xfinity Streaming App -  and it takes forever to get back to the program I was watching so I usually miss something along the way. This is a relatively new development (within the last 6 months) on the app and it is totally unacceptable. Please do let us know how to turn this off!

Highlighted
New Poster

This just started on my Roku tv as well! I pay a lot of money for cable! I want to watch my programming uninterrupted! I pay and I have to watch ads and now this! This is an unacceptable amount of greed on Comcast's part! Fix this!
Highlighted
New Poster

I found the solution. I had to go to my Roku TV's settings and turn off bandwidth saver. They must have turned it on by default in one of the recent updates. UPDATE: I WAS WRONG ITS STILL DOING IT. 😭
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

That doesn’t resolve the Xfinity stream issue - only other apps you’re streaming. Xfinity has their own annoyance that cannot be turned off. I was told this by a CS rep at Comcast.