Community Forum

Xfinity stream beta app for roku issues

New Poster

Xfinity stream beta app for roku issues

My Xfinity app is stuck in initializing on my roku device.

This is an Insignia Roku tv, 55 Inches 2014 I believe. 6303X.

Roku version 9.10 build 421-15.

After several minutes it just says there is an error.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity stream beta app for roku issues

Having same issues on two televisions.  Removed app and reinstalled, still same results.  Stuck on initializing.  Other Roku channels work.

Frequent Visitor

Strange, both televisions just provided an activation code and once I entered on Comcast site, but televisions started working again.

New Poster

Hi, I’m new to this forum so not sure what I’m doing. Just looking for a solution to the same problem - my Xfinity Beta on my Roku has been “initializing” for 10 minutes. It finally looked like it was working (got the mural scrolling horizontally across the screen) so I excitedly hit enter and now I’m back to “initializing” Smiley Sad
New Poster

I had the same problem today. Stuck on initializing on both my Roku Premiere plus and my TCL Roku TV. I just rebooted my modem and router (my own equipment, not leased from Comcast) and that fixed the problem. After reboot both Rokus logged right in to the Stream app and can stream live tv.
New Poster

Thank you so much - resetting the modem solved the issue!!!  You do have to reauthorize the app but everything  is working again....