melsailsnorth's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

Sunday, May 19th, 2019 12:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity stream app/ Roku - Quit initializing: Sorry, something went wrong, try again later.

Once again, my Xfinity Stream app on my Roku device has quite working.   Same issue as a few months ago.  Start the app in Roku, app say "initializing" then I get a black screen that says-

Sorry!

Something went wrong. Please try again later  (Error). 

No code or anything.  Tried the previous advice, deleting app.  Hard restart of modem/router. Erased Roku back to factory specs, then reinstalled the Xfinity stream app.  Once everything back on line, restarted app but no joy. 

Last time it just started working again after about a week once a new update came out for the beta program.  Would be nice to hear from any others that are experiencing similar or are most systems on Roku still working fine?  Xfinity streaming still works fine if accessed via computer.   Everyone is missing live tv so would be nice to have it back with a fix again. 

Thanks, 

Mel

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

The xfinity stream does not wort on my iPad either.

i think the problem is with the app.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Argh...so I tried removing app, restarting Roku, reloading app and no luck still stuck in initialization state...I check for updated version, yes. I checked network connection, yes. Help! It worked as recently as yesterday.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Removing and reinstalling worked for me....and then it did not.  I now have to repeat that every few days. It always works for me when i reload it but its obviously quite a nuisance to have to do this every couple of days.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Same boat now.  It's been a couple of weeks.  The app just stopped working ... stuck on initializing and black screen.  I deleted the app, restarted Roku, reinstalled, etc.  I also did a factory reset.  Nada.  Hopefully it starts working again.  Hopefully not related to Xfinity getting their own set top boxes.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@gbarber73 wrote:

Same boat now.  It's been a couple of weeks.  The app just stopped working ... stuck on initializing and black screen.  I deleted the app, restarted Roku, reinstalled, etc.  I also did a factory reset.  Nada.  Hopefully it starts working again.  Hopefully not related to Xfinity getting their own set top boxes.

do a factory reset and then unplug all cables from the roku for 3 minutes. plug back in and install the xfinity stream TV beta channel. Does it authorize and show you the channel grid for live tv?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Mine too- just like it was in May. It’s been three days. Last time it took ten, and all the online accounts froze too. Please reboot!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@MJMJS wrote:
Mine too- just like it was in May. It’s been three days. Last time it took ten, and all the online accounts froze too. Please reboot!

what have you done to remove and reinstall the app after a power down of the roku device?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I’m having the same issues. Can you please help me?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Can you please help me too? I’m having the same issues. Just a black screen that says initializing for two days now.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Mine came back on it’s own after four days. I just left it alone. I have three Rokus.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I’ve been having the same problem for a few days now

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have  same issue. Do I need to open a ticket for Xfinity to do someting on servers side? How to do it?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My Roku has the same problem. Stuck on initializing. Deleted the app, reinstalled, all the normal tricks. Any news on an update soon?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

after uninstalling the xfinity stream beta channel unplug the HDMI and power cables from the roku and after 30+ seconds plug back in. working/

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Did all that and it’s still doing the same thing. Black screen that says “initializing ...”
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here