Community Forum

Xfinity app on Roku, won’t play, black screen.

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity app on Roku, won’t play, black screen.

All logged in and set up, but the app won’t stream a thing. Just goes to a black screen. Same thing on my iPhone, wanted to test it out. A real bummer.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity app on Roku, won’t play, black screen.

@Nova1024 wrote:
All logged in and set up, but the app won’t stream a thing. Just goes to a black screen. Same thing on my iPhone, wanted to test it out. A real bummer.

does the roku play normally using youtube channel for example? what were you doing on your iphone? (just watching a streaming video?) 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, I tried out multiple steaming apps on the Roku and they worked just fine.
Highlighted
Expert

@Nova1024 wrote:
Yes, I tried out multiple steaming apps on the Roku and they worked just fine.

did you try streaming on your phone directly to the phone screen? you didn't say what you were doing on the phone to get the black screen previously.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

I have the same issue with my Roku. I can stream other content on my Roku but Xfinity Stream either goes to a black screen or sometime says error, try again.

Highlighted
New Poster

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Highlighted
Expert

@FowlerA wrote:

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

from the roku menu move highlight to xfinity beta channel and press the * (star) key. select uninstall. after uninstall, remove all power cords and HDMI cords from the roku for 30 seconds or more. plug back in and reinstall the Roku channel. working?

Highlighted
New Poster

That seemed to work. I had the issue on 2 Rokus. One fixed itself and the other was fixed by deleting and re-installing the app. Thanks!

Highlighted
New Poster

SAME PROBLEM

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having this same problem with two rokus right now. Deleting and re-installing did not help

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Sounds like this is nationwide. Been happening most of this afternoon from what I read. I am in Ann Arbor mi. Both my Roku’s load guide works when hit watch blank screen.
Highlighted
New Poster

Same thing here around Chicago!

Any ideas what it might be?

The app was updated October 3rd 2019, I wonder if got pushed out?

Highlighted
New Poster

I have been having same problem all night since I got home from work, is this common with Roku, I have only had for a month and have been happy so far, but if this is a common problem, not sure what to do. I can't get mine back working 

Highlighted
New Poster

My husband and I have a Roku TV and peripheral Roku on a different TV and on both we cannot watch Xfinity stream. We had no trouble streaming before this week. This is beyond frustrating. We’ve tried everything! We’ve deleted the app and reinstalled 3 to 4 times with no luck. Checked for updates. Reset and restarted the Rokus several times. We can watch Xfinity Stream on my iPhone, but it’s small and we have TVs because we like to watch things together and well...big! Sigh. We’d really like it if someone would fix this!
Highlighted
Expert

@LBaldwin wrote:
My husband and I have a Roku TV and peripheral Roku on a different TV and on both we cannot watch Xfinity stream. We had no trouble streaming before this week. This is beyond frustrating. We’ve tried everything! We’ve deleted the app and reinstalled 3 to 4 times with no luck. Checked for updates. Reset and restarted the Rokus several times. We can watch Xfinity Stream on my iPhone, but it’s small and we have TVs because we like to watch things together and well...big! Sigh. We’d really like it if someone would fix this!

what is the error msg or issue when you select the xfinity stream channel? error message? error code?

Highlighted
New Poster

Same issue in Marietta, GA

I have uninstalled app, removed all cables, plugged back in and resinstalled app (all steps multiple times) and still not working.

When can we get a resolution?  This appears to be a nation-wide issue.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Over the past 3 weeks - my Roku has had me re inialize the xfinity app with the code about every 3 days 

Highlighted
New Poster

I have two TVs too, one work perfect, the other one had worked perfect, but in the last couple days stopped working.  Anyone have a suggest?  I have remeoved and reinstall the app, no luck.

Highlighted
Expert

@leeberk wrote:

I have two TVs too, one work perfect, the other one had worked perfect, but in the last couple days stopped working.  Anyone have a suggest?  I have remeoved and reinstall the app, no luck.

do you have physical X1 set top box(es) installed and working in your home? or just streaming?

Highlighted
New Poster

I dont understand your question.  I have 5 TVs.  3 Have X1 boxes, 2 have Rokus with the Xfinity Stream app.  All have worked for at least a year.  I dont used the Roku TVs often.  One of them stopped working today.

Highlighted
New Poster

For kicks, I removed it and reinstalled a second time, this time, it started working.  Not sure what I did different this time.