Community Forum

Xfinity app on Roku, won’t play, black screen.

New Poster

Xfinity app on Roku, won’t play, black screen.

All logged in and set up, but the app won’t stream a thing. Just goes to a black screen. Same thing on my iPhone, wanted to test it out. A real bummer.
Expert

Re: Xfinity app on Roku, won’t play, black screen.

@Nova1024 wrote:
All logged in and set up, but the app won’t stream a thing. Just goes to a black screen. Same thing on my iPhone, wanted to test it out. A real bummer.

does the roku play normally using youtube channel for example? what were you doing on your iphone? (just watching a streaming video?) 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes, I tried out multiple steaming apps on the Roku and they worked just fine.
Expert

@Nova1024 wrote:
Yes, I tried out multiple steaming apps on the Roku and they worked just fine.

did you try streaming on your phone directly to the phone screen? you didn't say what you were doing on the phone to get the black screen previously.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have the same issue with my Roku. I can stream other content on my Roku but Xfinity Stream either goes to a black screen or sometime says error, try again.

New Poster

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Expert

@FowlerA wrote:

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

from the roku menu move highlight to xfinity beta channel and press the * (star) key. select uninstall. after uninstall, remove all power cords and HDMI cords from the roku for 30 seconds or more. plug back in and reinstall the Roku channel. working?

New Poster

That seemed to work. I had the issue on 2 Rokus. One fixed itself and the other was fixed by deleting and re-installing the app. Thanks!