Community Forum

Xfinity Stream App on LG TV Sept 2019

New Poster

Xfinity Stream App on LG TV Sept 2019

Xfinity now has the stream app on LG TV’s

https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/xfinity-stream-now-available-on-lg-tvs

I downloaded it it to both of my LG TV’s (both are 2018+) and two observations:

1) the app only takes up 25% of the screen.  No other LG app I use (Netflix, prime, Hulu) have this issue.  Nor does the stream app on Roku using the same TV.

2) this far I can play no content.  It just constantly loads.  Thus far I have tried live tv on both broadcast and premium channels, on demand premium channels, and DVR content.  The roku app does not experience this issue.

Official Employee Digital Care

Re: Xfinity Stream App on LG TV Sept 2019

Hi @Malfallax

We appreciate you for posting to the Xfinity Forums to bring this to our attention. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot your account to help fix this. Can you please send a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send a Private Message, please click "Comcast_Support” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Did they resolve your issue? Having the same exact issue. Was able to download the Xfinity Stream app on my LG tv and got it connected. I can browse the channels but it just loads after I pick one. As you mentioned, I also have a Roku and never had any problems with the that app.
New Poster

I installed the stream beta app on my LG 65” SJ series tv today.  Turns out that the LG “point-and-click” remote doesn’t work with this app, though it works with Netflix, Amazon,...  Impossible to navigate and use the app.

New Poster

I had the same problem. I was able to fix it by going into settings, then go in to general, go to locations. Set it to Canada. The TV will restart. Once restarted change location to United States. This will fix it, it did me me!!!