Community Forum

Xfinity Remote access not seeing TV

Regular Visitor

Xfinity Remote access not seeing TV

So I has been using the Xfinity Remote app or over 6 months to change the channels for my 87 year old mother.  So it worked in my house.  My mother moved to assisted living and I have an X1 TV box and internet in the room.  When I log into the account at the assisted living place, set-up with a different user names, it does not show the TV.  I have been on the phone for several hours talking to multiple people with no luck over the last 2 weeks.  

Really frustrating.  Thanks in advance for advice.

Mark

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Remote access not seeing TV

@Mrmarket wrote:

So I has been using the Xfinity Remote app or over 6 months to change the channels for my 87 year old mother.  So it worked in my house.  My mother moved to assisted living and I have an X1 TV box and internet in the room.  When I log into the account at the assisted living place, set-up with a different user names, it does not show the TV.  I have been on the phone for several hours talking to multiple people with no luck over the last 2 weeks.  

Really frustrating.  Thanks in advance for advice.

Mark

Hi @Mrmarket

Thank you for using the Xfinity Forums. We'd be happy to help investigate this. When your mom moved, it's a possibility she was given a new email address, or, that the old email address needs to be associated with the new address. I'd be happy to help find the issue. Please send a private message with your first and last name as it appears on your account?

To send a Private Message, click on "Comcast_Support” and then click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Remote access not seeing TV

Mrmarket, as we have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to get the remote app working properly again, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!