Community Forum

Why the restriction?

Highlighted
New Poster

Why the restriction?

Why is there a restriction on watching an Xfinity Streamed show by iPhone to the TV by connecting via HDMI? I am paying for the cable and watching shows I pay for, I just want to watch them on the television rather than my phone and my only capability of doing that is via HDMI. Why do you need the restriction? Help me understand your business decision when all other streaming services allow it.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Why the restriction?

@Khthe2nd wrote:
Why is there a restriction on watching an Xfinity Streamed show by iPhone to the TV by connecting via HDMI? I am paying for the cable and watching shows I pay for, I just want to watch them on the television rather than my phone and my only capability of doing that is via HDMI. Why do you need the restriction? Help me understand your business decision when all other streaming services allow it.

it is for security of the encrypted stream. use a Roku device or a pc/chromebook and a chromecast dongle.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!