Community Forum

Unable to stream message

Highlighted
New Poster

Unable to stream message

I continue to get the following error when trying to stream recorded programs from the app on my android device: "This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions. Please disconnect any external devices (including HDMI, screen mirroring, or casting devices) and try again." I am not connected to any external devices.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Unable to stream message

@CB_BU20 wrote:
I continue to get the following error when trying to stream recorded programs from the app on my android device: "This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions. Please disconnect any external devices (including HDMI, screen mirroring, or casting devices) and try again." I am not connected to any external devices.

need to unload any screen sharing/mirror apps.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

What would be a screen sharing or mirroring app? I dont have any other app but the Stream and mouse toggle running. Everything works great until I get to the point where the program is going to turn on and it says not playable under current device. Why?????
Highlighted
Expert

@Csmon wrote:
What would be a screen sharing or mirroring app? I dont have any other app but the Stream and mouse toggle running. Everything works great until I get to the point where the program is going to turn on and it says not playable under current device. Why?????

try a different genuine android device?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Uninstalled the only connection app I have. Still doesn't work. Used stream app on my wife's phone and worked without issue. We both have Note 8.

Highlighted
Expert

@CB_BU20 wrote:

Uninstalled the only connection app I have. Still doesn't work. Used stream app on my wife's phone and worked without issue. We both have Note 8.

is there an error number? have a VPN running? connected to your own home wifi? have you changed the gateway/modem lately? did you try rebooting the modem/gateway?