Community Forum

Stream app programs will not switch to horizontal

Highlighted
New Poster

Stream app programs will not switch to horizontal

I have an iPhone 11 and when I try to view any Xfinity streaming my screen will on show in small vertical space. It will not switch to horizontal when phone is switched like other apps that do work. I can’t even get a full vertical screen. Annoying to try to watch anything this small. Does anyone know of a fix?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Stream app programs will not switch to horizontal

@lr19 wrote:
I have an iPhone 11 and when I try to view any Xfinity streaming my screen will on show in small vertical space. It will not switch to horizontal when phone is switched like other apps that do work. I can’t even get a full vertical screen. Annoying to try to watch anything this small. Does anyone know of a fix?

press the power and volume down buttons at the same time and slide the power off button on the screen when it appears. after 2-3 minutes of being powered down, press the power button for 3-5 seconds and the apple icon will appear. try the app now. working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @lr19, sorry for the inconvenient experience, have you made sure that your screen rotation is not locked on your iPhone while attempting to switch to horizontal view?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Yes all other apps will switch except xfinity streaming app.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@lr19 thank you for confirming. Have you tried restarting your iPhone? After restarting iPhone, please make sure orientation lock is disabled (see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204547) and relaunch Stream app. Please let us know if the issue persists.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.