Community Forum

Roku apps requiring re-validation over and over again

Highlighted
New Poster

Roku apps requiring re-validation over and over again

We purchased a Roku box and downloaded all the apps for channels that we subscribe to but after a week or two, the apps are asking us to re-validate which means getting a code and getting on the internet to validate over and over again.  I don't understand why since we have not changed our subscription service with Xfinity.  Does anyone have a fix to this issue - its a real pain. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Roku apps requiring re-validation over and over again

@Beegarden wrote:

We purchased a Roku box and downloaded all the apps for channels that we subscribe to but after a week or two, the apps are asking us to re-validate which means getting a code and getting on the internet to validate over and over again.  I don't understand why since we have not changed our subscription service with Xfinity.  Does anyone have a fix to this issue - its a real pain. 

that would be a question to the 3rd party app providers. the stream app is working fine?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I do not use the stream app because i do not like it - the features are lacking therefore I prefer to get on the xfinity box instread. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I do not understand why it would be the apps such as sci-fi, tcm, lifetime, tbs - these are just a few. then all the premium channel apps. I have read other posts and research and I believe it goes back to xfinity since that is our service. We did not purchase other programs on subscription.