Community Forum

Resolution on Stream App

Regular Visitor

Resolution on Stream App

I am planning to purchase a Roku TV with the intent to use the Stream app in lieu of a cable box. To test this out I purchased a Roku Streaming Stick to ensure it works how I want it to.

Most everything works well when using Stream, but I notice that the screen resolution on most channels defaults to a downsized picture that doesn’t fill the screen. This can be adjusted using TV picture settings but not sure I want to have to do that on an ongoing basis. I do wonder if it’s because I currently have a slightly older TV.

And now for the question. Do those using the Stream app on a Roku TV experience this resolution issue? Thanks for the input!
Expert

Re: Resolution on Stream App

@kfoster0423 wrote:
I am planning to purchase a Roku TV with the intent to use the Stream app in lieu of a cable box. To test this out I purchased a Roku Streaming Stick to ensure it works how I want it to.

Most everything works well when using Stream, but I notice that the screen resolution on most channels defaults to a downsized picture that doesn’t fill the screen. This can be adjusted using TV picture settings but not sure I want to have to do that on an ongoing basis. I do wonder if it’s because I currently have a slightly older TV.

And now for the question. Do those using the Stream app on a Roku TV experience this resolution issue? Thanks for the input!

do you have a line on your cable TV bill that says HD technology fee $10 (may say $0 on some packages).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I don’t see an HD line item of any kind on my statement. I wondered if HD might be the problem, either my TV or my xfinity service.
Expert

@kfoster0423 wrote:
I don’t see an HD line item of any kind on my statement. I wondered if HD might be the problem, either my TV or my xfinity service.

are you an X1 customer legacy equipment cable TV customer?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

While I don’t know for sure, I do know my cable equipment has not been updated in several years.