Community Forum

No video subscription on Xfinity stream app on Roku tv and no streaming on mobile app

Highlighted
New Poster

No video subscription on Xfinity stream app on Roku tv and no streaming on mobile app

I have been getting an error message that says I need a video subscription on my roku tv. I have called several times to troubleshoot and nothing has helped, even requested someone come out to physically see it and they too didn’t know what to do. I am on my home wifi and have tried uninstalling the app, resetting the modem, factory reset the tv as well. It was working since early october but a few weeks later i have been having the issue. I am also having the same issue on the mobile app for ipad and iphone. When i go to live tv it only gives me 4 channels such as cheddar news, etc.. When i click to go a feature sports channel on the main page of the app it says i need to connect to home WIFI. i have X1 DVR box and another box in the bedroom. I have high speed internet with comcast as well with my own purchased modem. I recently moved and has stopped working since.  Please help its been going on for 3 weeks with no resolution. 
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: No video subscription on Xfinity stream app on Roku tv and no streaming on mobile app

i have X1 DVR box and another box in the bedroom. I have high speed internet with comcast as well with my own purchased modem. I recently moved and has stopped working since. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: No video subscription on Xfinity stream app on Roku tv and no streaming on mobile app

@Keithmez wrote:

i have X1 DVR box and another box in the bedroom. I have high speed internet with comcast as well with my own purchased modem. I recently moved and has stopped working since. 

this is a frequent issue after just moving. go to xfinity.com web site and sign in. go to account, then users and create a new user. use that new username to sign in to the stream app. be sure to accept the terms and conditions carefully. did that new username work properly?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I can’t create a new user name because it won’t allow me to use my phone number and email as it’s already being used for another user name. Why would I need to create a new user name? Why can’t my currents user names work like before?
Highlighted
Expert

create a new name like yours with an 'a' after it. it is a test on your account.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

That worked, thank you! How come the orginal user names do not work for streaming though? 

Highlighted
Expert

@Keithmez wrote:

That worked, thank you! How come the orginal user names do not work for streaming though? 

you have proved that the account has no issue. you can call 800-comcast and select billing and ask them to fix your original username to point only to your current account/address which should make it start working again.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

See my posts from last night and today. We both have same issue with no help from XFinity. Keep following, maybe someone will help us. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The xfinity app on my tv asks me to sign in, but I just click the 'sign in" box. It doesn't ask who I am. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I'll try this today, thanks. They are totally clueless. 5 agents and 3 hours so far. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I can't create a new user name to sign in, as when I do sign into the Xfinity streaming app, it does not ask me user name. Just a box to click to "sign in". That's the problem

Highlighted
Expert

moved thread to stream app area of the forum