Community Forum

No Xbox One Xfinity Stream App?

New Poster

No Xbox One Xfinity Stream App?

Is the Xfinity Stream App available for Xbox One? If not, then when will it be? It's kind of weird that a massive mainstream company like Comcast would not have an app for something like Xbox One. Additionally, when I tried to view content by individual channels that are offered with our Comcast service on Xbox One, Starz, which has an app on Xbox One, doesn't even list Comcast as a provider for me to be able to prove that I have Starz, so that I can watch the content I'm paying for. (Ironically, a mere channel like Starz has an app on Xbox One, but not an entire cable company like Comcast?) This is all a big let down to be honest and kind of rediculous. I even tried to just simply look up Comcast through the internet browser available on Xbox One and stream my service that way; I could not do that either. It's like, no matter what, Comcast boxes you out of being able to view the content you're paying for. Is it because Comcast is luddite or is there some kind of corporate dispute between Microsoft and Comcast? 

Expert

Re: No Xbox One Xfinity Stream App?

@mmallonee4237 wrote:

Is the Xfinity Stream App available for Xbox One? If not, then when will it be? It's kind of weird that a massive mainstream company like Comcast would not have an app for something like Xbox One. Additionally, when I tried to view content by individual channels that are offered with our Comcast service on Xbox One, Starz, which has an app on Xbox One, doesn't even list Comcast as a provider for me to be able to prove that I have Starz, so that I can watch the content I'm paying for. (Ironically, a mere channel like Starz has an app on Xbox One, but not an entire cable company like Comcast?) This is all a big let down to be honest and kind of rediculous. I even tried to just simply look up Comcast through the internet browser available on Xbox One and stream my service that way; I could not do that either. It's like, no matter what, Comcast boxes you out of being able to view the content you're paying for. Is it because Comcast is luddite or is there some kind of corporate dispute between Microsoft and Comcast? 

for connecting to a TV currently the Roku is free to use. no information on using on your gaming system.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Can you tell me more about Roku? Is it a device or a service or a device that offers a service? I have heard of it, but I have never looked into it. It's free? What's free about it? Please tell me more. I would really appreciate it.  

Expert

@mmallonee4237 wrote:

Can you tell me more about Roku? Is it a device or a service or a device that offers a service? I have heard of it, but I have never looked into it. It's free? What's free about it? Please tell me more. I would really appreciate it.  

uses internet and attaches to an hdmi port. options (upgrade) to users include earphone jack in remote and wireless rf remote. the current use of the roku is free as the 'channgle' is in beta status.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

You just buy the device and then you can get the Xfinity Stream app there? 

Expert

@mmallonee4237 wrote:

You just buy the device and then you can get the Xfinity Stream app there? 

yes (they are called channels on the roku but same idea). currently Roku is in beta and free to use.

New Poster

How is that an answer for something that comcast keeps telling everyone is available on Xbox One? They say it on their website in reply to people complaining & never explain how to do it. This gentleman above shouldn't have to go buy another supported device because you can't give us how to get xfinity stream app on the xbox one. This has been going on for years & I still haven't seen a solution. Everyone seems to just give up. My xfinity repair tech that came to the house & support on the phone also give me the same info. Xfinity is available to Xbox One with the stream app. But none can give me instructions on how. I even showed the tech & he was confused.