Community Forum

New modem now I can't stream Xfinity beta

Highlighted
New Poster

New modem now I can't stream Xfinity beta

I just bought a new modem, Netgear c7000v2 which was on the list of approved modems on xfinity.com. I set it up and my TV in the living room works fine but all of the other TV's won't stream the Xfinity beta app. I went on my account and my old modem is still my only router under equipment. How do I remove my old router and add my new one? I think this will solve the problem. FYI there error message states "this device can only access Xfinity stream on your in-home Xfinity Wi-Fi. Use the app on your smartphone tablet or laptop to watch on the go anytime you like." (Error createDrmSession. TVAPP-00101)
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: New modem now I can't stream Xfinity beta

I'm going throught exactly the same issue but my new modem IS listed under my account. Also using a new Netgear modem (CM1150V). I'm waiting on the powers that be to respond in my thread or for upper level tech support to give me  a call back. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: New modem now I can't stream Xfinity beta

call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to update your gateway/modem on your account. have the HFC MAC Address available.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!