Community Forum

IPad and Xfinity Update

Highlighted
Contributor

IPad and Xfinity Update

I have an old (first generation) iPad Mini that Xfinity wants me to update the streaming app.  The current version is apparently no longer compatible with my Mini.  I use the mini to view recorded programming from my X1 DVR.  What can I do?

Jerry
Highlighted
Expert

Re: IPad and Xfinity Update

@OPDooper wrote:

I have an old (first generation) iPad Mini that Xfinity wants me to update the streaming app.  The current version is apparently no longer compatible with my Mini.  I use the mini to view recorded programming from my X1 DVR.  What can I do?

will need to update to the newer ipad, I had an ipad mini 2 now have the 10.2 inch ipad (wifi). 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

What changed in a week . Why won't my iPad update a newer app? I pay monthly to get crumby service and they expect me to buy a newer iPad? 

Expert

@Gy5 wrote:

What changed in a week . Why won't my iPad update a newer app? I pay monthly to get crumby service and they expect me to buy a newer iPad? 

eventually, electronic devices age to point of being obsolete. The advance of iOS to version 14.0+ supports newer devices and drops support for older, outdated technology. eventually the apps themselves drop support for the older iOS versions too. I had an iPad mini 2 and had to upgrade (got the 10.2 wifi only at 1/2 the price of the iPad mini when new). 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!