Community Forum

Can't set recordings from stream app

Highlighted
Expert

Re: DVR Manager

@MichaelCA wrote:

Is it possible while logged into the DVR Manager on my PC to be able to schedule shows on our X1 DVR?  If it is there, I don't see it.

Additionally, I would like to be able to record a channel from the DVR Manager, ie. Channel 702 from 6pm to 10pm.  The latter can be done with the X1 Guide.

short answer is no. see page one of this mega thread. the first post has comcast's current answer/guide.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Recording difficulty

Unhappy that I cannot program a recording remotely anymore.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

X1 DVR recording setup

I want to schedule a show to record but I'm on vacation.  How can I do it from My Xfinity app?

Highlighted
New Poster

Can not record from mobile device nor computer

Comast removed the option to set recording with mobile and computer devices. This has been extremely frustration. I watch most of my programming AWAY from the TV. At work, I may remember to record a game that I am missing, but I can't. I can't pause live tv on my computer like I can on the TV. What is up with that? More people are watching content away from the TV, yet Comcast is going backwards. The option to set up recordings was available last year. I recalled using it all the time, but now, that option is not available.

COMCAST, Please bring back the ability to set recording on mobile devices.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Lost ability to set recording from Stream ios app

A little while back, I was able to set a single or series recording from the stream app. That functionality has seems to disappear.  Can it be restored or can it be done in another app?

Highlighted
New Poster

recording tv show

I used to be able to set up tv recordings from my computer when I was away from home. Now when I go to do that I cannot find the record button to set the recording when I go through the TV lineup. I want to record the new TV show The Terror on AMC (as a series) and I am not able to. I am not at home and want to set up the recording now so I don't forget to. It was very easy to do previously.

Highlighted
New Poster

set recording

Why can't I no longer set or modify a recording from the xfinity website?

Highlighted
New Poster

prioritizing scheduled recordings

How can you prioritize scheduled recordings online instead of the DVR.

Setting them on the DVR is not customer friendly and takes forever

Highlighted
Contributor

why can i not set a recording while logged in online?

i have done this 100's of times in the past i logged in today to set a recording that i forgot to make and there is no option to record the program.

why does this nonsense always change?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: why can i not set a recording while logged in online?

looked it up, due to some Tivo lawsuit the record opiton has been removed. 

this thread can be deleted.

Highlighted
New Poster

Set dvr

How to set a tv show recording from my phone
Highlighted
New Poster

Setup recording on x1 dvr from my phone while away

Trying to find where to go to set a recording from my phone when I am delayed in arriving home. The game shows as not available to stream and on x1 app no record button or link can be found. Tried logging into my account which refers me to the app. Tried Stream, TV app and Remote TV app.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

This is just stupid. Can't set recordings remotely anymore? Really?

Pay the people for the right to do so!
Highlighted
New Poster

Scheduling recordings

Can we schedule shows to record from remote locations if we forget to schedule when at home?

Highlighted
New Poster

Yeah and sit through the commercials we can’t fast forward OnDemand
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Has anyone here demanded money back for a service we were promised under contract that was taken away?

Highlighted
New Poster

Set DVR remotely?

Not sure if this is the right place to lose this question..... but, is it possible to use the app or website to record a program on our tv at home? Thanks.
Highlighted
New Poster

Mobile access to Xfinity box

why are we no longer able to use our mobile devise to record a channel when away from home.  Why was that option taken away.  This is was very useful and now it is gone.  WHY!!!!!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

Well all this did was convince me never to get TiVo which is the same as Rivo. Rivo bought TiVo.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Mobile access to Xfinity box

Because TiVo took Comcast to court saying that Comcast was illegally using the technology to record programs from their app. TiVo claimed they have the patent and nobody else can use it. The courts agreed.
Highlighted
New Poster

Highlighted
New Poster

recording shows remotely

I used to be able to set up a recording with my DVR when I was at work either through my iPad or the Xfinity website.  It appears that I can no longer do that. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: recording shows remotely

This is all covered in the previous comments.
Highlighted
Contributor

program from computer

How can I program my DVR from my computer or iphone

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Record Button Disappeared?

Until recently, I could record TV programs from my PC and then play them back later on my TV. Now that "Record" button is gone. When I visited my local Xfinity location, they knew of the change but couldn't explain why the change was made - they were given no warning either. What's up?

Highlighted
New Poster

dvr set up

is there a way to set my dvr when I am away from home?

Highlighted
New Poster

set x1 dvr recording from iphone

why cant i schedule a recording on my dvr from my iphone 6 i could for a while and then  one day i tried cause i was away from home and the option was gone.  That was a great option why was that taken off.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

record a program or show from another location

I used to be able to record programs using the tv listings.  While I am at work I forgot to record a program and would like to record the program from my work PC

Highlighted
New Poster

Dvr remotely

Can I no longer DVR from my phone app ?
Highlighted
New Poster

Need record option on app back

When will the record option on the app be back so I don’t have to set it up at home? Other services have this!!
Highlighted
New Poster

Need record option back

When will the option to record return to the app so I don’t have to set it up at home to record? Other services have this option.
Highlighted
New Poster

No RECORD button on Xfinity STream web interface......What gives?

Trying to set a show to record via the Xfinity Stream web interface (tv.xfinity.com) and when I click on the show the only options are WATCH and EPISODES... What gives? Where is the RECORD option?

Highlighted
New Poster

Tv remote app not allowing record

Recently changed DVR box. Now, when using “TV Remote” app on my iPad I no longer have the option to Record a program. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Tv remote app not allowing record

I believe there is a lawsuit over the technology, and the feature has been missing for months.

Highlighted
New Poster

So this appeal is taking awhile and I really miss this option. Is there any news? Why is Verizon still able to offer the record option on their app?

Highlighted
New Poster

When will record option come back?

So this appeal is taking awhile and I really miss this option. Is there any news? Why is Verizon still able to offer the record option on their app?f

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: When will record option come back?

@DMCRAW wrote:

So this appeal is taking awhile and I really miss this option. Is there any news? Why is Verizon still able to offer the record option on their app?f

Verizon and others are paying TiVo/Rovi for the right to offer the feature. Comcast refused to pay and decided to appeal the ruling.

Obviously, this appeal, and the related infringement suit filed by TiVo in January, could be decided in either direction. But I will say this: I had some knowledge of the attorneys who wrote the TiVo patents, and while Comcast has a lot more money, I would place my bets on TiVo. Again: anything could happen, but my money is on TiVo.

Now if Comcast loses, what do you think will happen? Will they cave, pay up, and restore the feature? I don't know anything specific about Comcast's management, but their behavior throughout their history suggests that they won't pay, and that Comcast customers will never see this feature again.

So there you have it: one moderately-informed person's personal opinion based on no direct knowledge. I'd give my prediction about a 65% chance of coming to pass (i.e., 2 out of 3 odds). It's worth what you paid for it, right?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

record

how can I record a show while i am at work

Highlighted
New Poster

Recording a program

Previously I was able to record a program by using my iPhone or iPad, I can no 

longer do,that.  Why?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Recording a program

@jdb53 wrote:

Previously I was able to record a program by using my iPhone or iPad, I can no 

longer do,that.  Why?

please select page one of this thread and see the attached best answer from Comcast.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Recoding remotely

When will the option to record remotely be reinstated?  That was a great option and greatly missed.

Highlighted
New Poster

Deleting scheduled recordings from my Imac

How do I deleted a scheduled recording from my computer?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I wish you would reinstate this feature.  I used it ALL THE TIME!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

What is the status of this? It has gone on way too long and all of your subscribers are suffering. I can't even set up a recording from my computer when I am at home!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'll soon be away from home for four months, during that time, I'll subscribe to Hulu, Netflix, and other streaming services.  If this works out well, bye bye X1 Box!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Cant set up a recording from app

And Comcast is too cheap to purchase the capability from Tivo

Highlighted
New Poster

How to schedule from xfinity stream app a program to record on home Television?

I am wanting to schedule a program to record on our home television that is not a not a TV Go Channel.  Is it possible to schedule from the app a program to record on the home television? 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How to schedule from xfinity stream app a program to record on home Television?

@kip5 wrote:

I am wanting to schedule a program to record on our home television that is not a not a TV Go Channel.  Is it possible to schedule from the app a program to record on the home television? 

no, not at this time. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Stream Beta and Recording

WELL I FOUND OUT THE ANSWER TO MY OWN QUESTION! IN CASE OTHERS ARE WONDERING! APPARENTLY WHEN THIS SERVICE WAS FIRST BROUGHT OUT, ONE COULD  RECORD IN THE CLOUD FROM THE STREAMING SERVICE, BUT COMCAST HAD TO PULL IT FROM THE SERVICE AS THERE WAS SOME LEGAL ISSUE AS TO THE RIGHTS TO THAT FEATURE! THIS WILL  BE I SUSPECT A GAME CHANGER FOR MANY. IF THIS IS YOUR DEVICE LETS SAY IN YOUR BEDROOM, AND THE DVR BOX IS DOWNSTAIRS IN THE LIVING ROOM, THAT WOULD MEAN THAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO GO DOWNSTAIRS( OR IN THE OTHER ROOM) TO RECORD A PARTICULAR SHOW? THATS A REAL PAIN! 

Highlighted
New Poster

Did Directv & DISH also lose this capability? I have been a customer of both those companies and remote DVR recording was an option offered by both.