Community Forum

Can't set recordings from stream app

Highlighted
New Poster

Recording difficulty

Why can't I record from my Xfinity app? This use to be an option, now it just says "watch channel"

Thank you for your assistance. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Can’t find DVR recordings on stream TV app

Up until today I’ve been able to watch shows on my phone that I have recorded on my DVR. Now when I open the app there is no more “Recordings” or whatever section it was that saved where my DVR’d episodes were for me to watch.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Remote recording

The reason that we are a Comcast Customer (phone, internet, TV) is the outstanding advanced features such as phone messages forwarded to iPhone, access to TV programs anywhere on iPad, etc.  Whatever reason some DODO eliminated the remote DVR programming is totally contrary to the Xfinity “future of awesome” philosophy.  What idiots!  If this was a programming error, fine, just correct it!

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

I just heard from tech support that this will continue until suitnis resolved. Very unfortunate and wondering if charges will be adjusted since we are paying for a service we can’t useZ
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Xfinity give us a credit because they aren’t providing something we’re paying for?

Fergeddaboudit.
Highlighted
New Poster

Record button not available

Record option is not available on my remote app
Highlighted
Expert

Re: how to set dvr to record program remotely

@kvoight wrote:

how to set dvr to record program remotely

hi, I moved your post to this mega-thread. see first page first post for Comcast's answer about legal issue.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream App

I don't see were to reply to a previous post, so I'm just going to add it in here
I was reading about people not having a record button showing up in the app on my phone like it used to to start recording when not at home.
Noticed just now that i can't start a recording that i don't want to miss--
Can you please advise?
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Can’t find DVR recordings on stream TV app

@Boz6 wrote:
Up until today I’ve been able to watch shows on my phone that I have recorded on my DVR. Now when I open the app there is no more “Recordings” or whatever section it was that saved where my DVR’d episodes were for me to watch.

hi, I moved your post to this mega-thread. the official answer is on the first page first post and is the best answer for your question.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream App

@mrmsbhvn wrote:
I don't see were to reply to a previous post, so I'm just going to add it in here
I was reading about people not having a record button showing up in the app on my phone like it used to to start recording when not at home.
Noticed just now that i can't start a recording that i don't want to miss--
Can you please advise?

Hi, I moved your post to the mega-thread on this topic. page one, first post has the answer attached to it that is the best answer from Comcast.

Highlighted
New Poster

I REALLY miss the recording capability from the TV Remote app.  I understand it’s a legal issue. But please get it fixed.  It’s a major feature for me and part of the reason we switched to Xfinity from AT&T

Highlighted
New Poster

Okay, well at least I found out why the record button is missing from the TV Stream app.  Wouldn't it be nice if Comcast sent an email informing customers of this change and why?  I checked my Comcast email and saw nothing about this! 

Comcast you lost the lawsuit, now just pay for the patented technology so you can put the recording remotely functionality back into your app, instead of waiting on appeal after appeal to be lost or won.   

Highlighted
Contributor

Comcast/Xfinity: Please promise to notify subscribers when the RECORD function is restored !

OK, so the RECORD function from the app has been disabled.  Whenever it is eventually restored, will Comcast pledge to send it's subscribers an email notifying us of the restoration?  We are talking basic customer service which should have occurred when the RECORD function was first disabled. 

Highlighted
Expert
Moved:

Re: Comcast/Xfinity: Please promise to notify subscribers when the RECORD function is restored !

Highlighted
New Poster

record tv remotely

How can I set up a recording remotely? 

Highlighted
New Poster

A friend with Dish can still schedule recordings and watch live. Why jdoes just comcast have this "LEGAL JUDGEMENT'?

Highlighted
Expert
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Highlighted
New Poster

Totally have wasted HOURS trying to set recordings as I travel every week and pay an exuberant amount of money to Xfinity yet hardly use it.  Seriously, you just pull the plug on the best feature and do not notify anyone?  Great business ethic...NOT

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This should be posted on your ios app where the feature used to be located.  A lot of time wasted trying to do something that "I just know I've done this before.

Highlighted
New Poster

Upgrade of Xfinity Stream app = less control

Why did you remove the ability to schedule, modify recordings or cancel recordings from the Xfinity app?  Being able to do that when away from home was one of your biggest differientiators in service.

Highlighted
New Poster

Recording shows on my MacBook

How do I dvr (record) tv shows from my MacBook?

Thanks,

Highlighted
Expert
Moved:

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

set a recording

The record button is missing from the TV listings program details area. How do I set a recording on my computer, now? 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

How do I set dvr from my phone???
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Melis83182 wrote:

Wouldn't it be nice if Comcast sent an email informing customers of this change and why? 

Xfinity claims to have sent an email, but I have all my Xfinity emails and have found nothing on this subject.

They need to either compensate their customers for this downgrade in functionality, a feature that they've promoted repeatedly.

-jim

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Good luck with that. There was no email. There was no public notification. There is absolutely no notification of this issue on any Xfinity top page site. The services page shows everything is up and running properly. There might be something buried 10 levels down, but who would ever find it. Like some commercial says, This is HUGE! But the only place there is any mention of it is on this blog. Which about .0001% of subscribers eve look at. Like I said before, they like to blow smoke up a hidden oriface and hope no one notices.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Is the new voice remote that I received supposed to placate me for loss of the only online feature that I used?  I did not order it and I don't care about a voice activated remote.  Unless it will work away from home.

Highlighted
Expert
Moved:

Highlighted
New Poster

If recording  program from the app is not available then maybe Xfinity should reduce the rediculous raise in charges that have been introduced.

Highlighted
Expert
Moved:

Highlighted
New Poster

Loss of the function to remotely record programs

I just realized that I can no longer record programs from my phone (I don't do it frequently, but happy that I had the means to do ti). Thought it was something that I had done. But now, after reading comments from other Verizon users, this ability has been removed. Why? Since there appears to be others beside myself that are "not happy campers" about this, is there a possibility that this function may be reinstalled?

Highlighted
New Poster

How to program DVR on iPhone or iPad - Feature seems to be gone?

I longer can program my DVR from either my iPhone, iPad or PC?

Did something change?

Thanks,

Bryan

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How to program DVR on iPhone or iPad - Feature seems to be gone?

@bmd120861 wrote:

I longer can program my DVR from either my iPhone, iPad or PC?

Did something change?

Thanks,

Bryan

yes, quite some time ago. at the bottom or top of this page select page one of this thread and the first post on the first page has an accepted answer from Comcast.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: set recording remotely

I have just been informed in a chat with Comcast that the ability to record remotely has been removed from the app and I  am very upset. This is one of the reasons we got the x1 system. I don't know how to tell Comcast this is a bad decision.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: set recording remotely

@travellingman wrote:

I have just been informed in a chat with Comcast that the ability to record remotely has been removed from the app and I  am very upset. This is one of the reasons we got the x1 system. I don't know how to tell Comcast this is a bad decision.

Hi, I moved your post to the stream app area of the forum. the best Comcast answer appears on page one of this thread in answer to the first post.

Highlighted
New Poster

So whats the point of having the app anymore then???????
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Manage DVR from computer

I am disgusted with the fact that I can NO LONGER manage my DVR from the computer.  It's always worked well for me, and I feel like I've had the rug pulled out from me!   I don't like scheduling from the tv, but that's what has to be done now.  Comcast - get your head out of your butt and recognize that people are NOT happy with this change.   Bring the DVR Manager back to the computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

Whoever is responsible for this, it is a stupid unfounded decision.  Setting a recording by an app is no different than a wireless keyboard used as an extension of a connected keyboard - the app is just a wireless extension to you being physically at your DVR.  Just a different medium delivery.  This again brings up the belief that people making decisions have been moved up to their level of incompetence.

Highlighted
Expert

@djvo wrote:

Whoever is responsible for this, it is a stupid unfounded decision.  Setting a recording by an app is no different than a wireless keyboard used as an extension of a connected keyboard - the app is just a wireless extension to you being physically at your DVR.  Just a different medium delivery.  This again brings up the belief that people making decisions have been moved up to their level of incompetence.

if you check the answer from Comcast in the first post on the first page of this thread you will see that Comcast is under court order to comply and is appealing the 'decision' re: the patent. 

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Upgrade of Xfinity Stream app = less control

That functionality has been removed from our apps. If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it’s available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize for the inconvenience.

Due to a judicial ruling, we are disabling this feature while we pursue an appeal.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

What happend to the recording button

On the xtv site and app you can’t set recording any more. Please bring back.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Upgrade of Xfinity Stream app = less control

@CCShane wrote:

That functionality has been removed from our apps. If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it’s available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize for the inconvenience.

Due to a judicial ruling, we are disabling this feature while we pursue an appeal.

Good luck with that appeal.  It can easily take years for an appeal to wend its way through the courts.  Your apology is meaningless as On Demand has very few current season shows - as in maybe 3 past episodes.  Or, in the case of CBS, maybe none.  A few stations have more, but beyiond that you have to pay to see shows you missed because you were unable to set recordings while you were away from home.  So does that mean Xfinity will reimburse us for any current season shows we couldn't record and had to pay for to watch??  I assume the answer is "not in this lifetime." 

Highlighted
New Poster

I was sure I had set recordings remotely a while ago but wasn't sure. I searched on my laptop and phone for the feature. It's so inconvenient when I'm away during the week and discover something is coming on I want to watch later. May not be available On On Demand.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

programming

Why can't I schedule or delete a recording from my smart phone?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: TV Remote App no longer Records

I am have the same problem I think.  I also set my recordings via the Xfinity TV guide online.  One morning about 2 months ago...POOF the RECORD button was gone.  I havent been able to use that method since,  Please consider putting it back.  By the way I've tried for the last two months to find someone who would talk to me.  Unable to do...except from the foreign people who I can't understand...and are rarely of only help.

@Rustyben wrote:

@bheathfl wrote:

When I was not at home I used to be able to use the TV Remote app to record a program in my absence.  The new version of the app no longer has a Record function only a Watch function. Any advice on how to Record remotely?

did you log out and log back in to the app yet?

Highlighted
New Poster

scheduling a recording from a remote location

How do I schedule a recording from a remote location.  I use to be able to do this before the x1 platform.  In fact I could set a recording from my phone if I was running late and didn't want to miss the beginning of a game.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Can No Longer Program my DVR Over the Internet Due to Litigation With TIVO

I was sold a two year contract with XFINITY under the guise I would be able to use the XFNITY Streaming Portal to view and record programming.  Three days ago suddenly my watch and record buttons disappeared without warning or explanation.  After two calls to technical support I have learned there is some sort of legal issue with TIVO and this functionality has been intentionally removed from customers use.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Can No Longer Program my DVR Over the Internet Due to Litigation With TIVO

@Customer70 wrote:

I was sold a two year contract with XFINITY under the guise I would be able to use the XFNITY Streaming Portal to view and record programming.  Three days ago suddenly my watch and record buttons disappeared without warning or explanation.  After two calls to technical support I have learned there is some sort of legal issue with TIVO and this functionality has been intentionally removed from customers use.

hi, I moved your post to the mega-thread on this topic. see page one, the first post which has Comcast's best answer about this issue.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This is unacceptable.  One of your key features, to set recordings when away from home, has been pulled.  I do not care about your recent flurry of promos for increased hot-spots or miniscule internet speed increases.  This is just a smoke screen to cover for your removing what used to be one of the main reasons to pay for comcast.  Customers should be COMPENSATED (pronounced "refunded") for this reduction in service and capability.  Personally I believe $20-40/month discount would be reasonable.

Anyone else?  Any other ideas?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

In my opinion, this is a HUGE loss of value. I have constantly used this feature and the whole system feels crippled w/o it. I do use the browser access when I'm streaming from my DVR while away, but even with that I can't select a program to record. Might as well delete the iPhone apps - they no longer do anything of value.

Comcast needs to resolve this legal problem asap.