Community Forum

Can't set recordings from stream app

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't set recordings

Almost daily, I see something come across my desktop referencing an upcoming broadcast that I would like to see. So I get up from my computer, go downstairs, turn on my TV, and finally set my recording. This used to be so much easier. What a total PITA ! Come on Comcast, use some of that massive tax windfall you just received and pay off the patent troll (Tivo), or just buy the whole darn company. This would be so much better for all of us if we could just get the record feature back across all our various platforms. If you hurry, there's still time to avoid the last minute Christmas rush !

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

This is incredibly frustrating. The ability to set a recording away from home was by far the best feature of the app. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

recording

I used to be able to go to the tv listing on the computer and record programs and watch them on my TV, does anyone know why I can't do this any more?

Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for the answer.  That's a loss for those of us who travel a lot and depended on that feature to record upcoming shows.  If you can post more details about where to write to support the appeal, please do so.

Highlighted
New Poster

This in a huge disapointment, we just go the service and are locked in for a year now.  this is a critical feature, the interface on the x1 box is way to cumersome to use for search and record.  

Highlighted
New Poster

No joke. This had been the best and only thing good about cable. It is a sports town and l, a fan in it. I would at times forget to set recording before leaving house. This is a feature that must come back.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: No record option on app

Calsyms wrote: Why can't we record anything on the xfinity stream app! We used to be able to do this! Can someone contact the people who can fix this as I have tried but can't seem to connect to Help !

Your issue is addressed within this thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

That really stinks! Especially during the playoffs!
Highlighted
New Poster

Record

What has happened to the “ Record” function in the Xfinety App?

Highlighted
Expert
Moved:

Highlighted
New Poster

So there was a ruling against Comcast for the use of that particular technology. What is the plan to bring back recording while away from home. Surely, you have a plan, other than: we tried! It would be really great if you’d share those plan with your devoted customers.
Highlighted
New Poster

OK FINE, you removed the functionality to record and manage DVR recordings but now we can't WATCH?

Why can't I access and view my recordings from the APP on my iPad but I can still access them on my computer?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: OK FINE, you removed the functionality to record and manage DVR recordings but now we can't WATC

Resolved. Updating the app didn't return my missing "recordings" on my menu options but uninstalling and re-installing did. facepalm, comccast.

Highlighted
New Poster

This is nuts!  It removes the key value of Xfinity - one they advertise and pushed for a long time.  Doc is still not updated and there is no appology, no help or credit offered to users who depended upon this functionality.

Highlighted
New Poster

Record programs from devices

How can I record tv programs from my iPad or iPhone. Used to be able to but no longer available. 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver
Highlighted
New Poster

Scheduling recordings from my iphonr

Is there a way to schedule a recording from my iPhone?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Since that I program most shows when out of town(5-6 days a week) the loss of this feature has decreased my viewing by about %75. If we have lost a feature should we not also have a price reduction. I for 1 am looking at att as they allow programing fron a remote computer. I believe xfinity is a better platform but mostly useless to me.....

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

@twtst wrote:

Since that I program most shows when out of town(5-6 days a week) the loss of this feature has decreased my viewing by about %75. If we have lost a feature should we not also have a price reduction. I for 1 am looking at att as they allow programing fron a remote computer. I believe xfinity is a better platform but mostly useless to me.....

You should see the list of the features we have lost...they are well publicized on these forums . The bills  go up not down. If AT&T can allow programming from a computer shouldn't they be in the same legal battle that Comcast says they are in? I just don't understand. Remote programming is a HUGE selling point for X1...or it used to be.

Highlighted
New Poster

recording from the xfinity streaming app

I used to be able to order a show to record on my xfinity streaming app if I was away from home or at home too. Now record does not come up as an option anymore. Why can't I record from the app?
Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Scheduling recordings from my iphonr

That functionality has been removed from our apps. If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it’s available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize for the inconvenience.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Can't set recordings from stream app and web site.

I just found out that the feature to record shows from the X1 website and streaming app has been removed due to a legal ruling until the foreseeable future!?!?!?!  That is the answer from Comcast.  Really?

You mean to tell me that with all of the money that Comcast makes off of its customers it couldn’t find a way to resolve this issue.  This just does not make sense to me. And it is extremely unfair to us customers.

This is extremely disappointing.  This is the main reason why I wanted X1.  Now it has just been removed without a notice from Comcast and no change in pricing.  

So, if and when this feature is restored after the “legal” issues are resolved, then we will get the feature back with the current service that we are paying for with no additional charge. 

I doubt it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Comcast.

Highlighted
New Poster

Record button

What happened to the record button on the App and also my desktop.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: recording from the xfinity streaming app

Yes, I found this too.  I called and was told that Comcast lost something in a court case.???  I don't know what that means.  My DirecTV friends still have this ability.  

Relly bummed.

Regular Visitor

Recording

I've been trying to set up recordings on my X1 using the stream app and even though it brings the channel guide there's no option to schedule any recording. I even press and hold in the program but it doesn't work either. In case this helps using Samsung S8+ running Andoid 7.0
Tags (3)
Highlighted
New Poster

Unable to setup recordings away from my house

I can't record any shows when I'm away from home. Anybody else have this problem or know why I can't do this anymore?
Highlighted
New Poster

Remotely recording

I was curious if there was any way to remotely record a tv show on my home DVR when I am away from home? I am not sure if there is a way to do this through my xfinity account page?
Highlighted
New Poster

Cannot schedule recording online anymore.

It seems one can no longer schedule a recording online from the website any longer. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Can't set recordings from stream app

Below is the "Best Answer" in this forum.  Since we can't set programs to record when we are away from home and are supposed to "Check to see if it's available on Xfinity On Demand", does this mean that Comcast will be making more shows available for "On Demand"?  There are programs that I want to record more than 2 weeks out and can't set them on my TV since I will be away from home. Not all of these programs are available  "On Demand".  What are the choices then?  

Re: how to set DVR recording when not at home

Due to a legal ruling, for the foreseeable future we are removing the remote scheduling of DVR recording features. We apologize for the inconvenience, we are actively pursuing an appeal of the ruling.

If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it's available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize again for the inconvenience

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee. 
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Recording

That functionality has been removed from our apps. If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it’s available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize for the inconvenience.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Recording program from phone or ipad

I used to be able to set recordings for shows from phone and iPad, now it is not an opt

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

TV recording from computer

CANNOT set TV recordings from computer

Highlighted
New Poster

Weeeelp, don't need that app anymore then... Hey, quick suggestion: Pay for the technology and give us what we want.

Highlighted
New Poster

I just spent 15 minutes on the phone with Comcast and the tech did not have an answer. Thank you for clearing this up. I uninstalled and reinstalled my app thinking it was me. Again, thank you!

Highlighted
New Poster

watch xfinity remote programs

I am remote trying to record Waco 25 years later and Hardin truth and lies and it says can only be viewed in home only? I got comcast becuase of supposedly the online streaming but I have found it does not work in some instances

Highlighted
Expert

Re: watch xfinity remote programs

@mrpalmermr wrote:

I am remote trying to record Waco 25 years later and Hardin truth and lies and it says can only be viewed in home only? I got comcast becuase of supposedly the online streaming but I have found it does not work in some instances

the answer is 6 posts above yours - author is ComcastShane.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Recording

Please enable fast forward for all programs if I now have to use On Demand.
Highlighted
New Poster

What is the purpose of the app if you can’t record shows while away from the dvr?
Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

@rhondamad wrote:
Below is the "Best Answer" in this forum.  Since we can't set programs to record when we are away from home and are supposed to "Check to see if it's available on Xfinity On Demand", does this mean that Comcast will be making more shows available for "On Demand"?  There are programs that I want to record more than 2 weeks out and can't set them on my TV since I will be away from home. Not all of these programs are available  "On Demand".  What are the choices then?  

Re: how to set DVR recording when not at home

Due to a legal ruling, for the foreseeable future we are removing the remote scheduling of DVR recording features. We apologize for the inconvenience, we are actively pursuing an appeal of the ruling.

If you’re away from your DVR box and cannot schedule a recording and miss a show, check to see if it's available on XFINITY On Demand! We apologize again for the inconvenience

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee. 
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon

And don't forget that much of On Demand programming costs to watch these days. It either 'tagged' Netflix or  some other 'service' . It should be renamed 'pay to view'.  Not like the old days when On Demand was free.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Can't schedule recording on mobile

This could be the problem. I had the same problem and I was getting aggravated
4F68F9D3-061B-4495-B329-455D5BF7C5F6.png
Highlighted
New Poster

Remote Record Options

Just got the iPhone X and went to Xfinity Remote App to set a recording to happen in a few days.  There is no record option.  TV listings, touched the show and only option is to watch channel.  At bottom of DVR Manager, it only shows what is recorded and what is scheduled.  I use to be able to set record up from my iPhone 6S.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Remote Record Options

@orbigfoot wrote:

Just got the iPhone X and went to Xfinity Remote App to set a recording to happen in a few days.  There is no record option.  TV listings, touched the show and only option is to watch channel.  At bottom of DVR Manager, it only shows what is recorded and what is scheduled.  I use to be able to set record up from my iPhone 6S.

Comcast was forced to remove that option due to another company's lawsuit.

Highlighted
New Poster

Great, we lose a feature but our monthly bill stays the same. This feature was one of the reasons I chose Comcast Service.

Best,

A not so happy Comcast customer.

Highlighted
Expert
Moved:

Highlighted
New Poster

Can't record from Roku app

I've noticed over the last few weeks that the record button has disappeared from the Roku app and online when I use my browser. What gives and when will it return? There are many programs that I would like to record and can't. I don't have access to the cable box that is in the house. Its in another bedroom and access is very limited. Any help with this and how to record with the app is appreciated very much.

Highlighted
New Poster

Not being able to set recordings remotely is a very annoying reduciton in services.  Shouldn't there be some rebate for this diminishment of an original service?  

Highlighted
New Poster

how to set dvr to record program remotely

how to set dvr to record program remotely

Highlighted
New Poster

iPad recording

Won’t record from computer 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

ComcastJessie - Can I expect a refund for loss of service in my bill?

Highlighted
New Poster

How to set recording from a device

The option to set a recording from my iPhone or iPad has disappeared. Why is that?