Community Forum

Can't set recordings from stream app

Highlighted
Expert

Re: App no longer allows me to set recording?

@bginn4 wrote:

I can no longer use the app to set a recording. The record this program option does not come up?..

see page one of this thread, the first app shows the best answer.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: When will Comcast return the ability to record with xfinity remote

@ganesh5555 wrote:
When will Comcast return the ability to record from xfinity remote

see the first post of page one of this thread for the best answer.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Expert
Moved:

What are the services that we thought we paid Comcast for but they actually give us for free?

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [spamming the forums with the same message]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

I’ve been trying for days to set up some recordings on my iPad and finally decided to look up why it wasn’t working. It’s pretty annoying since I was under the impression this was part of our package. Comcast/Xfinity is not cheap! What’s more frustrating is that we didn’t receive any notification about this and had to figure it out on our own. I’d really appreciate them figuring this out so we can get this option back!

Highlighted
Expert

@Shoop720 wrote:

I’ve been trying for days to set up some recordings on my iPad and finally decided to look up why it wasn’t working. It’s pretty annoying since I was under the impression this was part of our package. Comcast/Xfinity is not cheap! What’s more frustrating is that we didn’t receive any notification about this and had to figure it out on our own. I’d really appreciate them figuring this out so we can get this option back!

please go to the top of page one of this thread and see the 'best answer'.

Highlighted
New Poster

Schedule recording from app

Can I schedule a recording from my iPhone with the app?
Highlighted
New Poster

Give us on demand option on stream app
Highlighted
New Poster

This is an important feature of your service. Waiting for an appellate ruling? That will be a year or more. How about paying a license fee to TiVo? How about refunding some of our monthly fees. I will begin researching other competitors to see if they offer this feature. 

Highlighted
Expert

@Totalpro wrote:
Give us on demand option on stream app

on demand is available with your browse menu. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity Streaming and recording from devices

I have a question to Xfinity. Since the service was terminated on being able to record on devices like iPads and iPhones will our rates go down for this inconvenience? This is very frustrating especially paying a bill payment of $209 a month. Thinking of switching over to DISH and using their Hopper System.
Highlighted
New Poster

TV record from cell

How do you set a tv recording on an X1 DVR from a cell phone. I used to be able to do through the xfinity stream app but this may have been before I switched to the X1?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: TV record from cell

@Jud4 wrote:

How do you set a tv recording on an X1 DVR from a cell phone. I used to be able to do through the xfinity stream app but this may have been before I switched to the X1?

if you go to the first post on this thread the best answer gives the Comcast response.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

recording tv shows from remote locations

I usually set up my DVR to record tv shows from my laptop at work.  I would browse through the TV listing on xfinity.com on my work laptop.  When I click on a TV show in the listings I used to get an option to set recording.  I no longer get that option.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: recording tv shows from remote locations

Major inconvenience.

I could set remote recordings from the DirecTV website in 2007.

TEN YEARS AGO.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Why did Comcast discontinue recording tv programs onto DVR from my PC?

I wish they would tell us something, burns my but. I use to get caller ID on my PC but they stoped that without telling us.

Highlighted
New Poster

Stream App and remote app does not allow recording!

The removal of the remote DVR recording capabilities; has many of us looking for other choices/alternatives.  I have spent five different phone calls today - explaining to Comcast how this effects the customer.  Comcast does not want to discuss the results of the lawsuit with the Tivo Folks.  Comcast does not want to recognize the fact of how many customers set and managed their DVR remotely.  Comcast will not give anybody credit for having to purchase a Tivo box and sign up for service. I was one of the first customers to sign up for X1.  At the time; we were charged to upgrade equipment. We all signed contracts.  Evidently Comcast doesn't care if they did not inform us of the App change.  Many of us spent hours; thinking it was our devices problem.  Guess what would happen if I tried to get out of a contract early.  Please share any of your thoughts that I didn't cover.  Thanks for listening!

Highlighted
New Poster

The removal of the remote DVR recording capabilities; has many of us looking for other choices/alternatives.  I have spent five different phone calls today - explaining to Comcast how this effects the customer.  Comcast does not want to discuss the results of the lawsuit with the Tivo Folks.  Comcast does not want to recognize the fact of how many customers set and managed their DVR remotely.  Comcast will not give anybody credit for having to purchase a Tivo box and sign up for service. I was one of the first customers to sign up for X1.  At the time; we were charged to upgrade equipment. We all signed contracts.  Evidently Comcast doesn't care if they did not inform us of the App change.  Many of us spent hours; thinking it was our devices problem.  Guess what would happen if I tried to get out of a contract early.  Please share any of your thoughts that I didn't cover.  Thanks for listening!

Highlighted
New Poster

Anyone checked out other providers?

This is really annoying - we have TV, internet, and phone all with comcast - but this was an important feature they took away - has anyone found another provider with any signup incentives - I'm just south of San Francisco

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: X1 record elimination

Hello BH85, please read my or ComcastShanes post on this thread for more information regarding the recording feature being removed from our app. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Setting recordings online

I don't have the option to set recordings online anymore. What happened?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Romote Stream App & ITC Ruling

The recent ITC ruling orders Comcast to stop importing any cable boxes which include the capability to use the remote streaming and recording feature the allegedly infringed patent protects. Comcast’s response was to eliminate the feature. Why? Why not let us with existing boxes continue using the the apps full capabilities.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Tivo sues Comcast over X1

Is this true? Comcast can no longer sell the X1?

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017/11/23/tivo-wins-comcast-xfinity-case/

Highlighted
New Poster

record from app

i am no longer giving a option to record a show from my app! i can watch the show.
Highlighted
New Poster

Remote DVR Access

I just discovered that with Xfinity you cannot now set a recording from a device (pc/phone/tablet).  I don't recall any notice of this, and I feel that it is unfair since, when I signed up for my plan, this was a feature that I wanted.

Highlighted
New Poster

WOW!  Big loss of functionality and convenience.

@jmar76 wrote:
So this has happened to me before on occasion but not lately, but today I tried to set recordings for several different things using the xfinity stream app and for some reason today the option just isn't there. Over the weekend I also just happened to read that Comcast just lost a decision by the ITC in favor of Rovi in a patent suit saying that Comcast is infringing on Rovi's patent for the technology in the app that is used to set recordings on mobile devices for X1 set top boxes. So I'm just wondering is it just a coincidence that it's not even an option for me today and perhaps due to maintenance of some kind on the app, or did Comcast temporarily pull this technology from the app as a result of the ruling by the ITC? Thanks very much to anyone who can shed some light on this.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: DVR not showing recording options

Looks like to me that Comcast needs to disable my charges for a few months, too, then. Not a lot of reason to have a DVR box if you can't set recordings. 

Highlighted
New Poster

That’s very disappointing! I will be contacting Comcast to renegotiate my monthly bill. They take away something from me,and I will take my business elsewhere
Highlighted
New Poster

search and record

i used to be able to search a program from my computer while at work and hit record and now the record series button isn't there, it just wants me to watch online.

Highlighted
New Poster

Why? In detail. This makes the app almost useless. The recordings on my DVR appear on my recordings list in the app so what possible difference could it make whether the command for recording comes from the app or DVR? This is one very unhappy customer.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: how to record when i'm not home

Hi Joe,
I recently noticed that this functionality is no longer available in my app (Android). When I tap on a show, record is no longer an option that is listed. The instructions you listed below for the app now leads to an unavailable page (404 error).

Was this functionality removed from the app? How can I schedule a recording from the Xfinity steam app?
Regular Visitor

Then Comcast should give us the ability to watch all remotely on a regular TV via Apple TV or similar until they get this fixed.  Or, the ability to download all shows remotely.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Dvr and smartphone app

Why can’t I set my dvr with xfinity smartphone app?
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Dvr and smartphone app

@wwallace4 wrote:
Why can’t I set my dvr with xfinity smartphone app?

http://www.multichannel.com/news/content/tivo-notches-win-itc-patent-battle-comcast/416736

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tivo-comcast-patent/tivo-wins-set-top-box-patent-case-against-com...

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

This is majorly annoying and diminishes the value of the service, which I already pay more than $300/month for.  There's other competitor options out there, and short a fix for this valuable function in the weeks to come, I'm going to find a better one.  LAME!!

Highlighted
New Poster

Regardless of the reason, this is a shoddy example of customer service. This is part of the service that I pay for and have commited to for 2 years. Comcast should have sent out an explanation to customers and offered some geature for the truoble this might represent. This is an aspect of the product that heavily contributed to me keeping this very expensive service. I am a very disapointed customer

Highlighted
New Poster

Recording from iOS app via I Pad or I Phone

I wanted to activate the DVR to record a program while I was away from Home.  I fired up the Remote App on both my I Phone and I Pad but the Rec icon was gone, only tune to channel was visible.  Anyone else have this happen to them?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Recording from iOS app via I Pad or I Phone

@wizardtruestar wrote:

I wanted to activate the DVR to record a program while I was away from Home.  I fired up the Remote App on both my I Phone and I Pad but the Rec icon was gone, only tune to channel was visible.  Anyone else have this happen to them?

hi, yes we are all in the same boat. at the top or bottom of the page click on page 1 of this thread and note the 'best answer' in the first post. 

Highlighted
New Poster

program future upcoming programs to my infinity recorder from my lap top

can't program my xfinity 1 recorder from my computer as before of upcoming shows

Highlighted
Contributor

Tv show priority list has disappeared

I’m wondering if with the recent changes related to the lawsuit has caused additional issues other than just no longer being able to record on the DVR remotely. 

I have just noticed (it may have been missing longer) that the third option on the TV Remote app -Priority List is gone. I then went to the DVR itself, and I can’t find it there either. 

What has happened. How do we know what shows we have set to record other than the scheduled to record option. 

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: program future upcoming programs to my infinity recorder from my lap top

http://www.multichannel.com/news/content/tivo-notches-win-itc-patent-battle-comcast/416736

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tivo-comcast-patent/tivo-wins-set-top-box-patent-case-against-com...

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Recording shows while not in the local area

I used to be able to record upcoming shows on any channel no matter where I was. Now I cannot record networks while I am not in the local area?  Is it still possible to do this?

Highlighted
New Poster

how do I set a recording when I'm not home?

I for got to set a recording how can I do it from another computer or phone. I have tried logging and found the program on the TV guide but there is no option to set a recording. I have done this in the past but it no longer seems to work.

Highlighted
Expert
Moved:

Re: program future upcoming programs to my infinity recorder from my lap top

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Highlighted
New Poster

Online Record Functionality

Will online record function return, if so when?

Highlighted
New Poster

record a show

how do i remotely schedule a recording?

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Tivo sues Comcast over X1

@barbie123 wrote:

Is this true? Comcast can no longer sell the X1?

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017/11/23/tivo-wins-comcast-xfinity-case/

Barbie123,

The X1 platform is still available to any customer who wants that service. Please watch this forum for the latest updates/changes. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: record a show

@bartman94585 wrote:

how do i remotely schedule a recording?

Hi, please use the page selector in this thread and pick page 1 and the reason and best answer is included with the first post on that page. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast!  Why don't you proactively alert your customers to these changes instead of letting us waste our time trying to figure out why something that we used to use is no longer there?  <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Not happy about this at all!!  This was such a simple way to record programs in advance and now you take it away, so keep increasing my bill to make me wonder what I am paying for.

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity Stream

I can’t delete scheduled recordings. There is no delete button.  Customer service did not have a clue.  Deleting programs already recorded is not a problem but deleting “scheduled recordimgs” does not seem possible.  There in no delete button.  I tried deleting from my cable box.  No success.  Tried on both iPhone and iPad scheduled recording won’t delete.  Anyone please help