JonMich's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 3rd, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

Blurry Channels on Roku App

I have been noticing channels have become more blurry on the Xfinity app on Roku lately. All other apps like Netflix are streaming just fine, so it’s not a bandwidth issue. This started about 2 weeks ago. Prior to that, it was great. Anyone else getting this?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I hear ya! I'm in the A/V business in Denver, CO and this is very frustrating. Has worked well for 6+ months andn now the past six weeks it's been awful. Xfinity tells me it has to do with the signal to my modem. Very doubtful as Internet speed is very fast and reliable and other apps work well. It is my personal belief that Xfinity just doesn't want this used so you use their poor quality hardware. Curious if you made any headway to a resolve. I have tried everything!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Would love to send you a message about the Roku Xfinity Beta not providing clear HD signals while connected via ethernet to the router/modem, but I'm not seeing "Send a message" on the page I get when I click "ComcastAmira".

Any suggestions?  I think I've logged into the forums.  What else could be wrong?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same problem as described. I have now been going the channel apps directly like ESPN. Works fine...has nothing to do with bandwidth or roku obviously!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same issue. Picture quality isnt very good on anything with motion. Have 3 roku ultras with same issues, Asus GT-AX11000 router/AC68U in Aimesh and Xfinity Gigabit internet with their moden.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same problem, noticed it like a month ago now. Been on the phone a bunch of times to fix it with no resolution. Saw on a different forum that the app works on PC and tablets just fine and thay they are purposely throttling the app on the Roku to make you rent their boxes. Makes sense me considering everytime I call l the first thing they ask I is why I dont want to rent the boxes. Even if that isnt true I still pay a little too much not to be able to watch tv. Lucky for me Verizon Fios is available in my area and for way cheaper.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have had the blurry channels on my roku ultra for a couple weeks. It only seemed to effect the xfinity app. I had previuosly tried rebooting the cable modem, the roku ultra, with ethernet cable, with wireless, etc.

I noticed that system update on the roku ultra said it was checked today (10-25-2020) but the last update was listed as August 8th. When I went into system update manually it updated by multiple versions. Now the xfinity  app works nice and clear again. The roku ultra is now on version 9.4.0 Build 4176.

So it appears the roku ultra was not updating automatically for a couple of months. Hope this helps some.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am also getting the horrible picture tried emeailing “comcastamina” and don’t see the message link

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same problem here. Thought maybe it was the wireless so I connected via ethernet cable and no difference. Will try a manual update tonight.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @Wtaboas, I'm happy you were able to send me a private message. I have responded to it and look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you!

If anyone else is still experiencing this, please feel free to send me a Private Message as well. We would love to help! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message". 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @hamsey

Thank you for using the Xfinity Forum to share your experience. I've had a moment to reply to your private message and would like to start some troubleshooting. Please reply when you have a moment, and we can start there. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same problem here. We have Rokus on 4 sets and the Xfinity app struggles. We have a gig service or get roughly that speed (900). We have three TV's in one room two of which are on Roku and we are unable to watch live Xfinity through Roku on those anymore. They used to be perfect. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

when you go to your roku settings, network, about what internet download speed is shown? if nothing, do the check connection menu item.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here