sethy79's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, January 15th, 2019 7:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Account Login-Loop

I've seen this issue on multiple posts, but few answers. I also have additional information that might help. 

I am experiencing the login-loop issue when trying to access my xfinity.com "my account" page. I first go to https://my.xfinity.com and then click on the "sign in" option. I input my user credentials and click enter. Doing so brings me to my account briefly but while the page is loading I am kicked back to the login page. From here it is an infinite loop of logging in, loading the page and being sent back to the login page. I did some testing with it though. I tried to login on four devices (work desktop, home desktop, home laptop, mobile phone). No device worked. I tried on three networks (work, home, mobile). This did not work. I tried four browers (chrome, explorer, edge, firefox). None of these work. I cleared cache, changed cookie settings, reset my browser. This did not work. I rebooted my computer. This did not work. I reset my account password (this feature is working pefectly). I still experienced the login-loop with the new password. The result of chaging my password is that I can no longer get into my xfinity app on my phone since the app directs me to the web login and that is non-responsive on my phone. 

Now for more details. As others have noted I can access xfinity connect to view mail. If I login and then close the tab and open a new tab to go back to xfinity.com I can see that I'm logged in and can watch online tv through my "entertainment experience". It seems that I can get anywhere except "my account". If I try to look at my bill or my account settings, I get kicked out and sent back to the login page. Pretty irritating since I would like to update my automatic payment credit card information. 

One last interesting fact. I am convinced it is not the website itself, but something wrong with my account at this point. I used my father's xfinity login information to see if the same problem occured. Nope. I can login to my dad's account and view his "my account" no problem. No login-loop, no issues at all. Sign out of his account and then sign into mine? Login-loop occurs again. 

I'm at a loss for how to proceed. I would buy a website issue and having to change settings in my browser if no accounts could login from my devices, but if one works perfectly fine but  mine does not there is something going on with my account and I would like find out how to resolve this. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

If you haven't had a reply or a fix to the site since Jan 15, 2019, chances are they don't know how to fix it or who to contact in their organization to help. Since the web site represents the customer experience and demonstrates their technical expertise, most companies would fire the person responsible and hire outside help to manage their site. It is obvious they don't know how to fix it or really want to fix it. 

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @Ez10, thanks for reaching out about this looping and online account concern! When making a post, please post it once in the most appropriate category and forum that fits the topic of your post. I have responded to your other Public Post if you could please get back to me at your earliest convenience. 

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @Metgos, thanks for reaching out about this loop issue you are still experiencing. I can absolutely assist you with this! I have responded to your Private Message if you could please get back to me at your earliest convenience. 

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @Patrick20, thanks for reaching out and providing us with that update! I'm happy to hear the issue was finally resolved on your end. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Metgos, I'm happy we were able to get this looping issue corrected for you! Please be sure to reach out for any future issues or concerns. Thank you! 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am having the same issues and tech support is not helping. How do I get this resolved? I have had this issue for months.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hi, olsenj11431. Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. The correction for this in most cases requires us to manually re-associate your username with your current account. Please send me a private message with your name and the username you use to log in and I will see what I can do for you. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am also experiencing the same problems. I am a new costumer with xfininty - the internet is great. However the login issues are so negetive i am considering to cancel. I have called customer support about this issue probably about 3-4 times and they just kick me around back and forth from different department to department. I am never given a clear answer. I just want to log into my account. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hi there, sunnylee3712. It's because the username you're using isn't properly associated in our system. It requires a special manual fix, with a special tool. Please send me a private message as well with your name and the username that you use. Thank you. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hi @ComcastMorgan I created an Xfinity account today and I am having this same problem.  I am able to use the Comcast My Account app on my phone and iPad and access my account, but on the xfinity website, I get stuck in the login loop.

Can you help?  Thanks

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastMorgan I sent you a PM with answers to your questions.  Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

That is a little bit of a different issue then, bpnigro. Are you using a computer to access our website when you're experiencing the difficulty then? If so, have you verified the same thing happens on more than one browser on the computer?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Perfect! 🙂 There will be a slight delay of it coming through to me, but I will reply to it as soon as I see it come in. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hi there, billhausdorff. Welcome! On this platform, it does require at least one public post from each user before you'll have the ability to send us a private message. Now that you have done that, please refresh your browser and then clear cache and cookies afterward if the refresh doesn't work.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Agree with everything on this post.  Would appreciate a contact from ComcastMorgan who seems to understand the problem but can't find a way to contact directly.  Help please.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here