Community Forum

Unlink an account that I was a user on

apmoran4808
New Poster

Unlink an account that I was a user on

I've called and chatted Xfinity support several times about this, hoping I get a different answer or solution here.

• I was a user on a famiy member's Xfinity account
  • I bought the house, opened a new Xfinity account for my TV, internet, and phone
  • The family member's account that I was a user on is now cancelled, but it is somehow attached to my new account
  • Now, when I try to access different services, like Xfinity Mobile, I'm told that I'm not the primary account holder - which I am
  • I want, and should have, absolutely nothing to do with my family's previous account, and nobody seems to be able to help me remove it.

Does anyone have a solution? It's really frustrating!

jav6joev
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Unlink an account that I was a user on

Sounds like both accounts are associated with the same address, correct?  Is there a balance still owed on the old account?  Have you/can you contact the primary account holder of the old account?  Is your login profile a new one and not the old one used on the old account?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
ComcastJonathan
Official Employee

Re: Unlink an account that I was a user on

You'll need to log into the original account and remove yourself from it. There will be a full solution at the very latest by the end of Q1 to unlink yourself.

In the meantime, use the following link to set the default globally to the current account:

http://xfinity.com/switchaccount

Thanks for your patience on the matter!

I am an Official Comcast Employee (On the HQ Identity Product and Serviceability Teams).
Official Employees volunteer their time outside of their normal day jobs to create the best customer experience possible. If and only if you've been tagged, you can PM us by clicking on our name and clicking "Send a Message"