DukeONothingham's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, October 17th, 2019 12:00 PM

Closed

Re: Password keeps getting changed

Xfinity Connect through their website.  But I am sure what that has to do with anything.  I got emails from Comcast that told me my password change was sucessful, but I didn't request a password change, until I couldn't sign in after getting this email (which was sent to my gmail account).  This happened twice in just ten minutes.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I have received emails from Comcast telling me my password was successfully changed, but that change didn't come from me.  And sure enough, attempting to sign in fails.  I had to request a password reset, changed my password, and minutes later, someone changed it AGAIN, and AGAIN I couldn't sign in.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Online via Chrome

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Keeps happening to me too. I was thinking my kids were doing it until they were sitting in front of me eating and it happened. I downloaded the Xfinity Authenticator App so that anyone that tries to sign in as me has to be approved from my phone but I don't know how that will work if they're just resetting the password. Besides, what are they trying to do with my password and access to my account?!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

THis has happened to me on two separate instances. Once on Dec 4th -6th then again on Dec 28-29, 2019. Luckliy I am a secondary user on the account and can still sign in on the primary user to gain control again. Last time, there were emails from Xfinity in my email advising my username was used to sign into Xfinity on three occasions; from Chrome, Firefox, firefox. All three emails were in the trash folder. 

I called comcast/xfinity and they said this is the first they heard of this happening. Supposedly, they are going to look into it. So frustrating. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

This happens to ME CONSTATNTLY.  What is the point of having 2 factor authentication if Comcast is just going to reset my password after some attempt of someone trying to log into my account.  IT'S THE MOST FRUSTRATING THING TO ALWAYS HAVE TO RESET MY PASSWORD.  FIX THIS COMCAST.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here