Community Forum

Need my original Username and email returned

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Need my original Username and email returned

Yesterday during a chat session, a stupid agent changed my username (without my permission) and now my email address has changed. I'm unable to change it back to what it was (which is my last name). This is a huge problem. I need my original Username (and assigned Xfinity ID) returned, as I can't access that email account or receive new emails coming in. The "system" doesn't allow me to change this on my own. Can someone fix this, given I didn't make this change? Losing my email address is a BIG problem. I have it registered everywhere. **I am disabled, and I rely on that email address to communicate with my medical team. This is a nightmare for me, and I'm beyond upset.**
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Need my original Username and email returned

I’m sorry one of our agents did this, we’ll make it right and get your username restored.

I’ll PM you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Is someone working on fixing this? I've called the CSA department but they've transferred me around 3x already and @jonathan is the only one sending me private messages saying he'll help fix this. I hit "reply" but don't know if this is reaching him.
Highlighted
Official Employee

We determined the issue to be with the way the usernames and permissions were modified and restored all the emails which can all be accessed from the primary's xfinity connect account.

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!