Community Forum

Login Loop Attempt to access comcast email returns to xfinity main page.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Login Loop Attempt to access comcast email returns to xfinity main page.

I accidently posted this in the incorrect email support section; I would appreciate having that post removed as I'm not sure how, or if I'm able to delete it.

When logging in on the xfinity page, I enter my credentials, see the connect splash page, and then am promptly returned to the xfinity main page. The xfinity home page shows that I'm not logged in but updates with my first name on the top right after a moment. Further attempts at clicking the email icon return me to the homepage.

What I've tried to no avail:

I've tried turning off privacy settings on my main browser inlcuding ad blocker, and no script. I've tried a different operating system on the same PC(windows 10), and then tried using edge which I had never touched or configured on that install. I then tried firefox on a different PC that could log into a different comcast email, but was in this loop trying to log into mine.

This might have something to do with account inactivity, and reactivating inactive accounts not quite working as intended. This is an old inactive email that I only need to use on rare occasion to recover something, such as now. Well, hopefully I've been clear in describing what is wrong, and can be advised on how to go about regaining access to my email.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Login Loop Attempt to access comcast email returns to xfinity main page.

Hey @trebert  can you click on my name and private message me, and I'll take a look for you?

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi Trevor, it seemed like you didn't have email for life set up on your identity (ref https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-email-only)

Do you by any chance have an existing account with us? 

@trebert wrote:

I accidently posted this in the incorrect email support section; I would appreciate having that post removed as I'm not sure how, or if I'm able to delete it.

When logging in on the xfinity page, I enter my credentials, see the connect splash page, and then am promptly returned to the xfinity main page. The xfinity home page shows that I'm not logged in but updates with my first name on the top right after a moment. Further attempts at clicking the email icon return me to the homepage.

What I've tried to no avail:

I've tried turning off privacy settings on my main browser inlcuding ad blocker, and no script. I've tried a different operating system on the same PC(windows 10), and then tried using edge which I had never touched or configured on that install. I then tried firefox on a different PC that could log into a different comcast email, but was in this loop trying to log into mine.

This might have something to do with account inactivity, and reactivating inactive accounts not quite working as intended. This is an old inactive email that I only need to use on rare occasion to recover something, such as now. Well, hopefully I've been clear in describing what is wrong, and can be advised on how to go about regaining access to my email.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I do not. When the account was active it wasn't the main account, but after disconnecting service that situation might have changed. However, if that isn't the case the other account I PM'd would have been the main account, and is the "active" account that I used to check that it wasn't a browser issue.

I suspect what's happened is that the account lapsed through the 9 months of inactivity and whatever happens to accounts that lapse has happened. Assuming this is the case I suppose my question is if there is any way to regain access to my lapsed email.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@ComcastEmailOps anything you guys can do to help on restoring EFL for @trebert?

This is unfortunately the identity section and not the email section of the forums so let's see if they are able to respond, and if not I'll escalate for us.