Community Forum

Frequent password resets

Highlighted
New Poster

Frequent password resets

I've been getting weekly or or more frequent notices to reset my password due to "routine security monitoring."  This seems to be a known problem that can be fixed if addressed. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Frequent password resets

Please refer to this document:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Sign-In-and-Account-Management/Troubleshooting-Scenario-I-m-repeatedly...

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Frequent password resets

Yes, I have two-factor authentication on, as well as the authentication app, and I still get password resets at least weekly.  Comcast, I implore you, making customers change their password weekly (or more often) is the OPPOSITE of security.  Do you really think the average customer is going to come up with a unique password twice a week??  Your own forums are filled with people asking for help with this problem.  Apparently some of them are being helped, the rest are being fed the standard security tips.  If this continues much longer I will have to look at other streaming options.  If you haven't noticed Comcast, we have other options now.