Community Forum

Deactivated existing account prevents creation of new account with same phone #.

brianmcdo
New Poster

Deactivated existing account prevents creation of new account with same phone #.

Hi, 

I want to shop for internet services at a new apartment I will be moving into soon. However, I have an existing xfinityID associated with an apartment that I no longer live at. This account has the service deactivated, and currently does not allow me to shop for new services. When I attempt to, it takes me to a blank page with a question mark stating:

"Looks like you can't make changes to this plan. Please contact the account owner to continue."

Speaking with a service rep, I was told that I could just create a new account and link it to the old one, but this too does not work. When I try to sign up for a new account, and I can enter my phone # and receive a verification code, but when it is entered, I get the error:

"This information does not match our records Try again or contact us and one of our agents will be happy to help you." 

So I can't use my old account, and I can't create a new account. Is there anything I can do?

ComcastJonathan
Official Employee

Re: Deactivated existing account prevents creation of new account with same phone #.

Hrm, you should be able to open a new private browser, and in the "New to Xfinity" go there and type in your address. You can start as essentially a new customer, and when you provide your contact point on an existing account, it'll automatically pull them in and reclaim that identity.

ComcastJonathan_0-1595266199580.png

I am an Official Comcast Employee (On the HQ Identity Product and Serviceability Teams).
Official Employees volunteer their time outside of their normal day jobs to create the best customer experience possible. If and only if you've been tagged, you can PM us by clicking on our name and clicking "Send a Message"