Community Forum

Deactivate my account

Highlighted
New Poster

Deactivate my account

I have been trying to deactivate my account with no luck. I contacted customer service but the phone number associated with the account is not recognized. When I sign into my account the website continuously malfunctions and a communication error message is displayed when I try to update account info, change user or manage my account. How do I deactivite this account without access to account management? This account is not being used and is completely unnecessary to me.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Deactivate my account

@Nivva wrote:
I have been trying to deactivate my account with no luck. I contacted customer service but the phone number associated with the account is not recognized. When I sign into my account the website continuously malfunctions and a communication error message is displayed when I try to update account info, change user or manage my account. How do I deactivite this account without access to account management? This account is not being used and is completely unnecessary to me.

What if you when signing in, you respond 'Forgot Xfinity ID' and use one of the methods to confirm the username to be used?  Could be the account is stuck in 'limbo' and needs to be scrubbed by a knowledgeable agent.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Deactivate my account

@Nivva  were you able to solve your issue? If not, feel free to reply or private message me

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!