Community Forum

Cannot get past "We're getting your account set up...", trying to sign up for service

Highlighted
New Poster

Cannot get past "We're getting your account set up...", trying to sign up for service

I recently moved to a new apartment and have been using the xfinity wifi pass to access the internet, and I have decided to sign up for normal service by purchasing the self-install modem & router package and chose an 100mpbs monthly plan. Created my account, put in my credit card info and waited about a day for the confirmation email that would have told me that my intall package was being mailed to me and all that. However, after the day went by, I go to log in and see what is going on and I can log in but I can't access any of my information, like my address, the plan I chose, anything. All I get is "Thank you for your purchase! We're getting your account set up. Check back soon to track and activate your services.". I tried doing the "forgot user ID", confirming phone number fix that I had seen posted but no matter what, it doesn't recognize the code that Xfinity texts me. This is so incredibly frustrating. Being an internet company, I don't understand why I need to be calling customer service (or even writing this) before I even have service! Is this an indication of the type of customer care that I will be paying for if I ever do get my account set up? Please let me know what I am supposed to do to get internet at my apartment, preferably without having to make a tedious and redundant phone call.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Cannot get past "We're getting your account set up...", trying to sign up for service

Hi @RainyBuckel , please check your inbox as I've PMed you, thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!