Community Forum

Can't add personal email

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Can't add personal email

My new account had the bug where it was in "we're getting your account set up" limbo and I saw online that one way to fix this was to go through the "I forgot my Xfinity ID" options and it would fix it (which it did) but now I can't add my personal email as it states it is already used by an active account and I'm trying to fix this as it is my main email that I view important emails through.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Can't add personal email

Hey there @jjohn151 ,

Sorry about the challenges you've experienced, I've been working with the product owners of those experiences to triage why it's been occuring for folks. Often times, orders fall out and are fixed on the back-end, but there seems to be a lack of association in moving you forward to the My Account pre-activation experience.

If you can go to My Account --> Users --> Add a New User, and Invite your existing email. That should link your accounts to a secondary. You can then Transfer Admin Rights

and promote your secondary to the primary, and remove your mobile from the original, now secondary, and add it to this new primary. 

Happy to walk through this with you if any of it's confusing, feel free to PM me.

Cheers

Jonathan

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you that seems to have worked!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Glad to hear, thanks for your business, feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!