Community Forum

BLOCK ON ADDRESSS

Highlighted
New Poster

BLOCK ON ADDRESSS

Why would I be paying for service to get set up when there is a block on the address have the service for 3 days and now I'm responsible for someone else's bill!
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: BLOCK ON ADDRESSS

This is primarily a public customer forum.  Advice can be offered if more details of the previous Xfinity customer at your address is known.  A former roommate or family member?  Did you purchase/rent the home at the new address?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: BLOCK ON ADDRESSS

@Banahaninc wrote:
Why would I be paying for service to get set up when there is a block on the address have the service for 3 days and now I'm responsible for someone else's bill!

If you are renting, or have bought a house, you need to take your lease/mortgage to your nearest Comcast store, along with ID and/or a utility bill, to prove that you are not related to the previous account holder.  Accounts are not just by customer but also by address.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!