Community Forum

Account cancellation request email

Highlighted
New Poster

Account cancellation request email

I recieved an email stating Comcast has received our cancellation request but I never sent a cancellation request.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Account cancellation request email

@sureshr14 wrote:

I recieved an email stating Comcast has received our cancellation request but I never sent a cancellation request.

Currently we are requesting that you get in touch with Comcast's CSA (Customer Security Assurance).  Their phone number is (888) 565-4329.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Account cancellation request email

Hi @sureshr14  can you confirm the following:

1. That nobody else has signed up for services at your address (sometimes this happens during moveouts if there's a communication breakdown with the current resident)
  2. That nobody in your household who may have the user role of "manager" has made changes to  cancel the account, or that anyone listed as an "authorized user" on your account has made the change and cancelled services.
  3. That this wasn't due to a non-pay disconnect.

Thats all we can inquire publicly, feel free to private message me with your account info and we'll look into it.

Technically these types of inquiries belong in the "Customer Service" forum section as it's not directly identity and sign-in related as much as account service. For future posters, please check to make sure you're in the right section!

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!