Community Forum

Account Activation/No Confirmation on Service Order

New Poster

Account Activation/No Confirmation on Service Order

Yesterday, I bought internet for my new apartment. I made an account, selected a plan, and selected to pick up an installation kit at my local Xfinity store. I never received confirmation, and everytime I try to log into my account, it tells me thanks for the purchase, we’re getting your account set up. I’ve tried to get help other ways, but I’m asked for an account number, which I cannot access because my account apparently doesn’t exist, even though it took the $1 out of my bank account when I ordered service. This is incredibly confusing, help?
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Account Activation/No Confirmation on Service Order

PMing!

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Tags (1)
Highlighted
New Poster

I had the same issue as well when I signed up for the service last night.

Highlighted
New Poster

I need to know where my order is.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@ttdangut27 

The best course of action is to call in to confirm your services. There's a chance that the order fell through and an agent will contact you back in the next few days to confirm the order.

Also for anyone else, please adhere to forum guidelines around posting your own post and avoid the "me too" replies.

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I just upgraded my internet plan (I think) but no confirmation email has been sent. My modem did restart so I assumed it worked. Was wondering when the email would be sent and when the upgraded plan change takes affect? Thanks
Highlighted
New Poster

I found out if you don't have a confirmatin order email sent to you that means the order never went through. The agent will usually tell you the confirmatin number during the ordering process then an email confirmation will be sent. I found out when I had to put my order again because I had the same issue. There's a bug in their website that will keep looping thinking it is processing but it never does.