Community Forum

ANSWERED: What is Seasonal Billing from Xfinity and how to set it up?

Question:

How do I see if I am eligible for seasonal billing? If I am eligible, how do I set it up?

Answer:

The Seasonal Convenience Plan is designed for seasonal residents in select markets. You can put your Xfinity TV, Internet and Voice on hold while you're away - for just a low monthly fee. And, enrollment is free! Plus:

• No disconnect, reconnect, or installation charges
  • No need to drop off or pick up equipment
  • Your home phone number and email address stay the same
  • Enjoy automatic service reconnection - without a service call

2019 Rate Plan 

Seasonal Conveince Plan 2019.JPG

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Seasonal Convenience Plan?

Our Seasonal Convenience Plan is designed for customers who have seasonal homes. It allows you to put your Xfinity services “on vacation” while you’re away – at reduced rates.

• Keep your Xfinity equipment in your home
  • Keep your home phone number
  • Keep your comcast.net email address and access it anywhere with an Internet connection

How does the Seasonal Convenience Plan work?

You can put your Xfinity service on hold from minimum of 60 and maximum of 270 days, availability varies by region – with no reconnection charge and no service call needed when you return. This is one of the great benefits of the Seasonal Convenience Plan. You’ll enjoy the convenient, no-waiting, hassle-free method of having your Xfinity services activated at no extra cost before you return. You can even keep your equipment in your home while you’re away. And, there’s no need to contact us to resume your service, making it one less thing to do when you return.

How do I pay for the Seasonal Convenience Plan?

You just pay reduced rates based on your service level. Payment can be made by phone, online or by enrolling in our EcoBill paperless billing program. You can receive statements electronically or choose to continue having monthly statements mailed to you.

What if I don’t want to put my equipment on the Seasonal Convenience Plan?

The advantages of the Seasonal plan is that you get to keep your equipment in your home while you are away. If you place your services on the Seasonal Convenience plan, that will apply to your equipment as well.There is no charge for equipment while in Seasonal Status.If you no longer would like services with Comcast including your equipment, then call 1800-Xfinity and a representative would assist you.

I’m currently paying a promotional discounted rate for service. Will that rate continue when I return?

You can keep your promotional rate as long as it does not expire during the time you are on the Seasonal Convenience Plan. The expiration date of your promotion remains the same and will not be extended while you are on the Seasonal Convenience Plan.

Can I access my smart home devices while I’m away?

Now you can stay connected and control devices like a smart thermostat or security cameras from afar with Seasonal Internet Access.

What is the minimum time an account must be open to be eligible for the seasonal convenience plan?
An account must be open for 30 days before becoming eligible for the plan. 

I am moving but I don’t know my new address yet. Can I place my account on the seasonal convenience plan?
No, this will impact the experience of any customer attempting to set up services at this address in the future.

Can I update my billing address to an international location while on the seasonal convenience plan?
No, international bill-to addresses cannot be added. Only an address within the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico can be applied.

Will I be able to keep my current Comcast email address and telephone number(s)?
Yes.

Can I access my Comcast.net email when I'm on the seasonal convenience plan?
Yes, you will still be able to access your email by logging on to www.xfinity.com with your Comcast username and password.

Can I still access my voicemail while I am away from my residence? 
Yes, you can access your voicemail from any location via Xfinity Connect or by logging on to www.xfinity.com with your Comcast username and password.

Am I still responsible for any other charges while I am on vacation? 
Yes, charges for tolls, third party calls, international calls, collect calls, etc. continue to bill at their regular rates.

Will my Xfinity apps work?
Voicemail and email are available while on the seasonal convenience plan via the Xfinity Connect app. The Xfinity Stream app will not work.

What happens to the cost of my services if I end my Seasonal Convenience Plan early?
If you end your seasonal convenience plan early, the cost of your services will revert back to the original package price starting the day your seasonal plan ends.

What happens to my Netflix subscription while I am in a Comcast Seasonal Convenience Plan?
Customers with a Netflix subscription billed by Xfinity will continue to enjoy their Netflix service during the seasonal period. You can access Netflix via any Internet connected device with the Netflix app. Applicable rates apply.

How do I pay for my Netflix subscription while I am in the Comcast Seasonal Convenience Plan?
Enrollment in the Comcast Seasonal Convenience Plan is free. Comcast will continue to send monthly statements to your designated address and you will pay the applicable rates based on your Netflix plan.

I enrolled in a Comcast Seasonal Convenience Plan. Why do I see Netflix on my bill?
Customers with a Netflix subscription billed by Xfinity will continue to enjoy their Netflix service during the seasonal period. You can access Netflix via any Internet connected device with the Netflix app. Applicable rates apply for this continued access to Netflix.

Netflix is currently included in my Xfinity package, but I no longer want access to Netflix while I am in a Comcast Seasonal Convenience Plan. How do I cancel Netflix service?
In order to remove Netflix from your Xfinity package, you must contact us. You will need to end your enrollment in the Comcast Seasonal Convenience Plan and choose an Xfinity package that does not include Netflix. Once this action is taken, you may not be able to re-enroll into the Seasonal Convenience Plan during the same seasonal period.

How do I enroll in the Seasonal Convenience Plan?

Visit https://comcastseasonal.com/ to enroll.

Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Limited to residential customers. Service may only be placed on Seasonal Convenience Plan once in a calendar year for a minimum of 60 days and a maximum of 270 days in a calendar year,availability varies by region. Suspended Xfinity services will move from suspend to active status on the date requested and monthly recurring charges for those services will then apply. Promotional pricing does not apply when services are placed on Seasonal Convenience Plan. Expiration dates for promotions are not changed or extended by the Seasonal Convenience Plan. If a promotion expires during the time services are on the Seasonal Convenience Plan, regular rates will apply when services are moved from suspend to active status. Pricing subject to change. TV: Limited Basic service subscription required to receive other levels of service. Internet: Seasonal Internet Access (Economy Plus Internet) limited to download speeds up to 3 Mbps. Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed. Voice: During the period covered by the monthly maintenance fee, service is limited to toll-free and local calling and international calling is blocked. Applicable charges apply to nationwide calls outside local calling area. If there is a power outage or network issue, calling, including calls to 911, may be unavailable. ©2019 Comcast. All rights reserved.
Version history
Revision #:
8 of 8
Last update:
‎04-25-2019 04:06 PM
Updated by:

Labels (3)