Community Forum

ANSWERED: How to make a payment to your Comcast account.

Question

How can I make/modify my Comcast payment?

Answer

You can pay your bill using the self-service options provided below:

**Note**: The above options are all free of charge. Processing through a live agent will incur charges.

Paying online is quick and easy. You can pay your bill without your username/password or sign in to My Account to make a payment.

Pay Your Bill with the Xfinity My Account App

To make a payment:

1. Select Billing from the home screen.
  2. Select Pay Now.
  3. Select the payment amount and the date you wish to pay.
    XFINITY My Account App Make a Payment Screen requests payment date and amount.
    Please note that if your account is currently delinquent, you will see an option to pay the specific amount needed to restore your service:
    Make a payment screen with several amount options; the amount needed to restore service is indicated in red. 
  4. Select a stored payment method or use a different method. If you choose Use a different payment method, go to step 5. For more information on Apple Play, refer to How to Pay Your Bill Using Apple Pay.
    XFINITY My Account app Make a Payment screen - select a payment method. 
  5. Select the payment method you would like to use: Credit or debit card or Bank Account. To enter a credit or debit card, go to step 6. For a bank account, go to step 9.
    XFINITY My Account app Make a Payment screen asks user to select a payment method. 
  6. Enter your credit or debit card information with the billing address that you wish to use. To enter the card number, you can enter the card information manually or select the camera icon (step 7) and scan your card. The option to Store this card for future payments is automatically checked.
    Note: Entering this information using the app will also update your Stored Payment Methods on xfinity.com/myaccount. If your credit or debit card is about to expire, we will send you an email reminding you to update your payment method.

7. Select the Camera icon, which will open your camera, and align the card so that it's inside the framed border. Once your card is framed, the picture will be taken automatically.
    XFINITY My Account app screen shows card being scanned using mobile phone camera. 
  8. The card number and expiration date will be populated based on your picture scan. Verify that this information is correct, enter the CVV number from the back of your card and click Done.
    XFINITY My Account app Card screen displays card information and fields for expiration date and CVV. 
  9. If adding a bank account, select Checking or Savings. Enter the Account holder's nameRouting number and Account number.
    XFINITY My Account App Make a Payment screen has options for Checking or Savings and fields for Account holder's name, Routing number and Account number. 
  10. If you need assistance with the routing or account number, select the Help icon next to that item.
    Screen displays help for finding routing number.
    Screen displays help for finding account number. 
  11. If you wish to have your payment information stored, select Store this account for future use, then select Next. Note that when you use the app again, you will have the option to choose a stored payment method, or add a new one.
    My Account App Make a Payment screen asks user to choose a payment method. 
  12. Verify the amount that you wish to pay. Click Submit.
    XFINITY My Account app Make a Payment screen asks user to verify payment amount. 
  13. If you attempt to make a duplicate payment, the following message will appear: "Unable to Process Payment. It looks like you are attempting to make a duplicate payment. You have to wait 24 hours before making another payment of the same amount using the same payment method." Tap OK to confirm.
    XFINITY My Account app Pay Now screen shows an error message if the user tries to make a duplicate payment.
    **Note**: If you’d like to make two payments of the same amount on the same day, you can do so as long as you use different payment methods for each. Otherwise, your second payment will be rejected as a duplicate.

14. Once your payment is successfully processed, you will receive a confirmation.
    Confirmation message of successful payment.

Make a One-Time Payment Using Your Mobile Device

When setting up a one-time payment, keep in mind that credit card payments and checking account deductions can take up to two days to process and post to your account. Also note that if you want to get ahead of your bill, you can always pay more than the amount due. Any extra you pay will go towards your next bill.

To set up a one-time payment on your mobile device:
  1. Open a browser on your mobile device and type www.xfinity.com/m or customer.xfinity.com/m.
  2. Tap My Account.
    My Account mobile site. My Account button is at bottom right. 
  3. Tap Pay your bill.
    Mobile Make a payment window. Yellow Pay your bill button is center screen. 
  4. You will be presented with two options to pay your bill:
    • Pay using My Account: Make a payment by logging in with your Xfinity username and password.
    • Pay using account number: This feature allows you to pay with only your Comcast account number and payment information.
  5. If you wish to sign in, tap Pay using My Account and proceed to Step 10.
    Choose Pay Using My Account (upper) or Pay Using Account Number (lower). 
  6. If you wish to pay without signing in, tap Pay using account number.
  7. You will be prompted to either take a picture of the payment coupon that came with your statement to determine your account number, or to enter your account number manually.
  8. You will then be prompted to enter the last four digits of the telephone number associated with your account.
  9. Tap Continue. After completing these steps, proceed to Step 12.
  10. Enter your Xfinity username and password.
    My Account login window with fields for Email or username and Password. 
  11. Once you have logged in, you must accept the Terms and Conditions.
    My Account Terms and Conditions window. Blue Accept button at lower right. 
  12. The screen will show your account balance, with the option to view your bill. Tap Make a payment.
    Billing & Payments window displays balance. Yellow Make a payment button at lower center. 
  13. Enter the amount you wish to pay and tap Continue.
    Payment amount window has field for desired payment amount. Yellow Continue button in center. 
  14. Select your payment method and tap Continue.
    Choose how you'd like to pay window: choose credit or debit card, or checking or savings account. Yellow Continue button at lower center. 
  15. Based on the method you have chosen, enter your payment information and tap Continue.
    Bank account details window has fields for Account holder's name, Account number and Routing number. Yellow Continue button at lower right.

Note: For card payments, you will also be asked for the three-digit Card Verification Value (CVV) that appears on the back of your credit card. (The CVV on American Express-branded cards has four digits and appears on the front.)

16. Review your payment information and tap Submit.
    Verify payment window showing amount of payment entered. Yellow Submit button at center right.

17. A payment verification screen will display.
    Confirmation message: Thank you! Your payment of [amount] has been submitted. Your confirmation number is [confirmation number]. We've sent a confirmation email to [email address]. Please note it may take up to 3 days for us to process this payment.

Note: If you make two payments of the same amount on the same day, you will need to use two different payment methods to ensure that the second payment is not rejected as a duplicate.

Chat With Us to Make a Payment

To make payments with an eChat agent:

1. Access chat on My Account at: https://support.xfinity.com/chat.
  2. Navigate to Account and Bill.
  3. Choose Make a Payment from the Account and Bill menu.
  4. The chat agent will then validate your account and walk you through the payment process.

Payments may be made by:

• Bank account
  • Credit or debit card

Pay Your Bill Using Comcast's Automated Phone System

Information Required to Pay Via the Automated Phone System

• Billing account number
  • Home phone number (phone number associated with the account)

If using credit/debit:
  • Credit/debit card number
  • Expiration date
  • Card validation value (CVV): The CVV is located on the front of American Express cards (four digits) and on the back of all other cards (three digits).

If using checking/savings account:
  • Checking or savings account number
  • Bank routing number (9 digits)

Steps for Payment via the Automated Phone System

1. Call 1-800-xfinity (1-800-934-6489).
  2. Select prompt #2 for Billing and Payments.
  3. Follow prompts to pay your bill.

**Note**: You can also use this system to enroll in automatic payments to avoid missing your bill's due date.

For additional assistance updating your payment information, follow this link

Version history
Revision #:
3 of 3
Last update:
‎05-21-2019 12:24 PM
Updated by:

Labels (2)